My battery life has been great so far on my BB - really was surprised at how good... until...

Last night I took advantage of the free bb email viewer and downloaded it and played with it awhile. I had my battery all charged and went to be around 12 - had a couple of emails come in over night but when I woke up my battery was drained.... usually it doesn't even drain 1 bar...

Does the bb smart email viewer drain more battery?

MG
    01-25-08 09:02 AM
    what app's did you leave running in background?
    01-25-08 09:04 AM
    none that aren't normally running - that's what made me wonder since I didn't do anything any different than normal.

How do I see what's running in the background...?

mg
    01-25-08 11:19 AM
    hold alt then hit the back button while holding alt. little box pops up still while holding alt..... scroll over to see apps. there will be some since they are your active home screen icons. but any other 3rd party app could cause a battery drain.. IM, or email or anything that would keep running....
    01-25-08 11:23 AM
    i know that when i registered my pearl the battery life got a whole lot better, but it sounds like you may have already done that. open apps and even leaving your alarm clock will drain the battery.
    01-26-08 10:53 AM
    Registered?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-26-08 01:02 PM
    ya not sure what registering he means .... but if it's with his Provider, maybe to have service. If the phone has no service or looking for service it will use more power to do so.
    01-26-08 04:13 PM
    Yes running the diagnostic and provisioning under the mobile network settings menu will re-register ur phone with ur provider, then u get an email...blah blah, delete it and ur good, I've noticed a slight difference in battery life after doing this.....but nothing significant. Ur best bet is to check out one of the battery life saving tips post somewhere in this jungle forum.....and from now on set ur phone to the auto on/off program, and ALWAYS set ur phone to standby when long periods of non-use....I was constantly having to charge my BB, until I started using standby mode, and i'm not kidding, its been 3 days and I wont be charging until tomorrow, looks like.
    01-27-08 11:54 AM
    i know that when i registered my pearl the battery life got a whole lot better, but it sounds like you may have already done that. open apps and even leaving your alarm clock will drain the battery.

Yes I have the same problem
    10-09-11 12:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD