Hey, I'm new here. The main reason I signed up was because of this issue.

Anyway, I've had my blackberry for about 2 months now and I really like it. Nifty little device. But, I've been having a problem with it. It started about a month ago. For some reason, the battery seems to die really fast, even if I don't use it. It stopped for two weeks in between but it started again recently. Anyone know the problem or what I'm doing wrong? Any advice will be appreciated.
    01-10-09 11:24 PM
    Depending on the carrier, they might do a battery exchange for u. I have tmo, and when my sidekick was going crazy they sent me a new battery. It sounds like a battery issue though and not so much a phone issue. Just make sure ur Bluetooth and wifi are off when ur not using them and maybe thatll have a little

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-11-09 01:34 AM
    Yeah I have T-Mobile. If it continues, I guess I'll call them to see whats up. Thanks for the help.
    01-11-09 03:33 AM
    There are a couple things you can do to optimize the battery power.

1) Turn off bluetooth when your're not using it.
    2) Turn off WiFi when you're not using it. (on phones that have WiFi)
    3) Turn off your your applications running in the background. For example, you may think that after you hit the red (hang up button), you've fully closed out of the application, but you haven't...it's still running in the background. To properly close the program, hit the menu or so-called blackberry button (to the left of the trackball) while you're in the program, and then scroll down to hit CLOSE. That will fully close out that program, and will conserve power.
    4) Consider using the Auto on/off feature (in the OPTIONS section of the phone) where you can set it to turn off at a certain time and then turn back on again. ie. turn off at 1am and turn back on a 6am. That will conserve your power too.
    5) Put your phone in standby mode when you're not using it by pressing the button on the top of your phone for a second.
    Last edited by dknyberry; 01-11-09 at 07:12 AM.
    01-11-09 07:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD