I haven't been able to backup my device data for months now. I always get an error at some point. Either at the messages, bookmarks, somewhere I get a "backup failed." Tried clearing the data that was causing the problem, and it just got stuck again.

I've noticed this from day one. The blackberry backup is totally useless and has never worked right.

It stinks because I can't fiddle with my pearl, as I'm afraid I'll lose data.

Tried DM 4.6 and 4.7.

Same problem since OS 4.3, through all updates.

Now on 4.5.0.124.

Please PLEASE help!
    03-13-09 01:48 PM
    i'm having the same issue
    03-13-09 05:23 PM
    I was having similar issues. I deleted the DM from my PC then reloaded the software. I also deleted all of my cache on the device and sure enough it finally went through and backed everything up. Maybe give that a try. Good luck.
    03-13-09 05:32 PM
    I had the same error when trying to back up. It would fail at "messages". I made sure all my emails were saved online, then deleted all of the messages from my BB and tried it again. It worked. I guess one or more of the emails on my BB were corrupted, so DM couldn't read them.
    03-16-09 05:37 AM
    You have to go into backup manager far right to settings and felte the browser push content from there that's what fixed a bunch of peoples problem with it sorry steps are at work forget what the one thing is called

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-16-09 11:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD