Ok, I travel a lot and I'm always in a different time zone. Is there a way to have my Pearl 8130 update the time automaticaly? I find changing the time zone manually a major pain!
    03-09-08 01:28 AM
    Ok, so after reading lots of posts about this I know that it's not possible to have the time zone change automatically. Does anyone know of a program I can download that might do this? Or even a program that shows "home" and "local" times? I was able to down load an auto-lock so there has got to be something that will help me with this too.
    03-09-08 01:37 AM
    Downloads - WorldMagic - World time clock for BlackBerry 1.2.5 Shareware Software
    is something like that what you want? I am sure i have seen world clocks for blackberry
    03-09-08 01:46 AM
    Hmmm... Something like that, yes. But I would like it to have some sort of alarm. I guess you could say I'm looking for an alarm clock to add to my BB but I don't want to have to change the time zone for the alarm to go off on local time. Maybe my BB can already do that but I'm new to it and not sure of all the features.
    03-09-08 01:59 AM
    i havnt crossed timezones yet with my blackberry yet... but with my last phone, all i had to do was turn it off and turn it back on again, and it would adjust to the new time zone.. will the BB's not do this as well?
    03-09-08 05:26 AM
    Nope boomer, you'll have to manually update the Time Zone.
    03-09-08 07:40 AM
    Strange, I always noticed that all my phones automatically adjusted themselves.
    03-09-08 07:50 AM
    If you gat your time from the network, it should update automatically by rebooting.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-09-08 08:19 AM
    If you gat your time from the network, it should update automatically by rebooting.
    The Time will update, but NOT the Time Zone.
    03-09-08 08:23 AM
    I had my BB set to "network" for today's time change, but when I woke up this morning, it hadn't changed. Why do you think that is?
    03-09-08 01:28 PM
    My Pearl didn't auto update when I traveled to Vegas from MN. When I complanined to Verizon they turned me on to the latest release os for it. My pearl automatically recognized daylight savings time. If you haven't updated your OS, do it
    03-09-08 02:57 PM
    I had my BB set to "network" for today's time change, but when I woke up this morning, it hadn't changed. Why do you think that is?
    mine updated for daylight savings time, i have it set to Blackberry in the Time options though.
    03-09-08 11:06 PM
    boomerbsg....thanks! I'll look into that.
    03-09-08 11:17 PM
    It may have been because of your network. I have mine set to network and it automatically updated.
    03-09-08 11:30 PM
    Ive never had a phone not update as I pass through a timezone.
    Of course this is my first blackberry and I haven't done any traveling with it yet.
    03-10-08 12:37 AM
    if you ask me, its really the lamest thing about the blackberry..
    i mean here it is, a business oriented phone for keeping track of contacts, dates and information... people who use these on the go for business must be disappointed in that feature.. imagine being an hour late or even an hour early for an important meeting.
    03-10-08 12:50 AM
    Automatic TimeZone updating is rumored to be a feature of the new OS update coming in the next few months.
    03-10-08 12:56 AM
    It may have been because of your network. I have mine set to network and it automatically updated.
    Hmmmm.....that sux! I'll have to look into that further and see if your theory has any validity.
    03-10-08 09:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD