Hi All,

In the options on my Pearl, I set the auto screen dimmer to "off", however, I'm noticing when I have the BB under bright lights, the screen brightness turns up anyway. And of course, when I take it out of the bright light, it returns to normal (I have my brightness set to 40). Has anyone else noticed this and is it it normal? I would rather the screen brightness not change at all...
    06-02-08 09:49 AM
    It does it on mine also. Not that bothersome to me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-02-08 09:52 AM
    it does it to me to and it does irritate me cause i can't see my stuff.
    06-02-08 09:54 AM
    Same here. I swear I've confirmed the correct setting many times and no matter what it still auto-dims.

Check out this thread...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/cur...ion-off-34120/
    06-09-08 03:34 PM
    might it do that to save battery life? I hear that is a negative feature on the pearl

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-09-08 03:36 PM
    Unfortunately, the Pearl will auto dim regardless of whether you have the dimmer on or off. I'm not sure why this is, but that's just how the phone operates. Strange that auto dim On/Off is even an option, seeing as the Pearl does what it wants anyway.

This shouldn't be a huge irritant, thankfully.
    06-09-08 03:40 PM
    Haha. Yes, it shouldn't even have the option there if it doesn't work. Seems like a wasted feature or a bug.
    06-09-08 03:43 PM
    I know... I never understood it myself. But then again, I'm bitter with the Pearl right now, personally... I finally made the switch to the Curve yesterday, and may I just say, IHMO, there is no comparison.
    06-09-08 03:47 PM
    Exactly.

Nothing beats the QWERTY keyboard. That's what primarily kept me chained to the Treo. I had every PalmOS Treo since Treo 600.

Now I'm thinking I'll never leave BB again (even in spite of these minor issues) in trade for stability (which I never had with Treo).

Yay RIM!
    06-09-08 04:16 PM
    I love the qwerty. I was very nervous to leave SureType, but I definitely made the right decision, for me personally.

Plus, I just hit the end of my rope with the issues the Pearl has. Great phone, don't get me wrong.. But this is a phone I need for my job. No margin for error, ya know? Luckily for me, the auto dim doesn't bug me.
    06-09-08 04:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD