Maybe I just haven't found out how to turn it on yet, but does the Pearl not have an auto setting on the clock that will automatically change the time on the phone as you travel through different time zones? If not, it's the first phone I've ever had that doesn't, and that is surprising as **** being that this phone does just about everything else in the world.

Last week, I travelled through 3 time zones and it never re-set to the correct zone. I had my friend call me from his phone, thinking that if the phone synced up with the local network it might change, but no dice.

If this feature does exsist, can someone tell me how to activate it?
    06-24-08 09:05 PM
    It might depend on if you have your time sync with "Blackberry" or "Network".

Go to Menu > Options > Date / Time > Date / Time Source...

The default is to sync with the RIM server and you specify your time zone. Maybe if you use network time, it will update from the cell tower??
    06-24-08 09:08 PM
    It will not auto change when you move through time zones. Manual only!
    06-24-08 09:11 PM
    06-24-08 09:19 PM
    Thank you for clarification tyroni... I was unsure

And thank you Sunkast... I wanted to find that link for my initial post, but I was too lazy to remember where it was!! haha
    06-24-08 09:23 PM
    Thanks for the info guys. I find the deletion of this simple feature to be really funny, as this little machine is so smart.
    06-25-08 06:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD