Hi. So I've just recently become a Blackberry user, (Pearl 8120) and have just one question. I am using this phone without a data plan, and have data services set to off. However, every now and then the send/receive arrows in the corner will flash. Also, they remain solid when I am placing a call, and for the duration of the call, and when I'm sending/receiving a text. I was just curious as to whether this is completely normal, or am I being charged for data? I'm extremely confused and have looked everywhere for a answer to no avail. Any feedback?
    09-14-08 09:33 AM
    its not only data I believe its just showing a connection between you and your SP

if you dont have a data plan with rogers and have turned data fully off you should not have to pay anything and should not have data charges
    however if you want to be 100 percent sure that you havent been charged anything call CS
    09-14-08 09:54 AM
    This shows up for me as well with T-mobile. I dont have a data plan and those arrows show up. I DO NOT get charged for data use. I see those arrows when text messages come in, when i call is made or received.
    09-14-08 10:28 AM
    Those arrows just show data transfers it could be voice - text - internet - whatever its still all data and the arrows show that connection just like windows and I think Mac OS show your connections by a single icon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-14-08 12:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD