I updated Desktop Manager from Verizon the other day. I then tried to load a new program on my 8130. Somehow several programs got deleted at the same time the new program was loaded. I don't know how this happened! Reflexively, I did a "Restore" - thinking this would restore my programs. Well, it didn't but since this restore, I've been having problems with the Calendar. I get the message "Appointment deleted externally. Changes will be lost and the viewer closed." I think this means my Calendar database is corrupted.

I did some homework and I've tried a few things to fix the problem. Nothing has worked. I did the wipe from the handheld and then restored. I cleared the calendar from Desktop manager and then restored. I keep getting this message.

Anybody got any ideas how to fix this? I guess I'll have to spend some time with Verizon customer support... Any ideas welcome! Thanks!
    10-08-08 06:30 PM
    Anybody have any ideas on this? Thanks Steve
    10-10-08 04:56 AM
    Try Googling "Appointment deleted externally." I found a lot of hits, including this one: BlackBerry Search Results
    10-10-08 09:22 AM
    Just spoke with RIM (Verizon patched me through). The answer to this problem is:

1- under options -> advanced options -> service book ->delete all email accounts with CICAL on them (not CMIME)
    2- connect blackberry to computer with Desktop manager open
    3- In Desktop Manager, Under backup and restore -> advanced options -> device databases (right side) -> clear "calendar all"
    4- reboot device (battery pull)
    5- (Still in advanced options screen on desktop manager) Under file (upper left) open a recent backup file. Highlight "calendar all" and then press the left to right arrow.
    6- calendar items transfer from backup to device

Problem solved!
    Last edited by eurosteve; 10-10-08 at 04:30 PM. Reason: typo
    10-10-08 04:29 PM
    I'm getting this error for Google Calendar items that were synced via google sync. I'm also on BES with Groupwise. Will I lose any of my BES calendar stuff by backing up and restoring the calendar with DM?
    01-29-09 09:22 AM
    Thank you Steve this totally saved me!

Just spoke with RIM (Verizon patched me through). The answer to this problem is:

1- under options -> advanced options -> service book ->delete all email accounts with CICAL on them (not CMIME)
    2- connect blackberry to computer with Desktop manager open
    3- In Desktop Manager, Under backup and restore -> advanced options -> device databases (right side) -> clear "calendar all"
    4- reboot device (battery pull)
    5- (Still in advanced options screen on desktop manager) Under file (upper left) open a recent backup file. Highlight "calendar all" and then press the left to right arrow.
    6- calendar items transfer from backup to device

Problem solved!
    05-13-09 03:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD