Does anyone know if the application switcher still causes memory leaks? When I restart my phone, I have 19 megs of free space, after about a day or so of using the application switcher, i get down to around 5 megs... I guess its still a problem? I have .91.
    02-01-08 07:33 AM
    Does anyone know if the application switcher still causes memory leaks? When I restart my phone, I have 19 megs of free space, after about a day or so of using the application switcher, i get down to around 5 megs... I guess its still a problem? I have .91.
    Tom,
    Switching is only changing what's on your screen. It's not closing the app you are not using. So it is still running in the background using memory. Be sure to close out vs switching. See if that helps.
    02-01-08 07:38 AM
    Yes, using the App Switcher frequently can cause a memory issue. RIM has documented possible mem leak after ~25 uses of App Switcher BlackBerry Search Results
    Even though RIM specifies 4.2 OS, I believe it has still carried over... I would suggest cautious use of AS.
    02-01-08 07:44 AM
    What in the crap is a "memory leak?" Thanks
    03-27-09 03:34 PM
    More importantly, is anyone familiar with this situation: Sometimes a particular app you're looking for in the app switcher does not appear as an option in the list?
    03-27-09 03:37 PM
    Memory leak is about what it sounds. When some programs run the memory just disappears. On that subject, does slacker radio have a memory leak? I've run it a couple times today and shortly afterwards my memory drops at least a couple megs. I do a quick pull before it gets too bad. Anyone else have that problem with slacker?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-27-09 03:57 PM
    I don't see how application switcher is the problem. Leaving applications running in the background is the problem.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-27-09 04:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD