Just wondering if anyone has tried using the ORB application. I've read good things about it, but would like to know how secue it is and how well it worked. I would really like to be able to have access to songs and other media if it works well.
    04-08-08 05:38 PM
    get orb, you will love it.
    04-08-08 10:18 PM
    Never used it
    04-08-08 10:26 PM
    Orb is great. I use it every day to stream Sirius.
    04-09-08 01:46 AM
    I tried it, but after initial install failed, I didn't continue use...

That's my experience.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-09-08 01:21 PM
    I use it to stream Sirius, but I was never able to get it to stream my mp3 library. I kept getting "unsupported media type" and some other error as well. Major bummer.

So I went out and bought an 8GB MicroSD card and put most of my music on my phone that way.

But Orb is great for uSirius!
    04-09-08 07:04 PM
    I'm new to all this so excuse me, but how do you stream sirius with orb?
    04-10-08 07:43 AM
    Is there an app for BB? or just access through BB?
    04-10-08 07:59 AM
    I'm new to all this so excuse me, but how do you stream sirius with orb?
    1. First, you have to have a Sirus subscription and have set up an online username and password. If you have not done this yet, go to Sirius.com to do it.

2. Next you need to download and install orb.

3. After you have done this, you need to download a program called uSirius here at millardsoftware.com/usirius

4. Open uSirius and click on the URLs tab. Copy the url of the channel that you want to listen hear to the clipboard (You need to repeat this process for every channel you want to stream). Next click on the settings tab and fill in your Sirius online info.

5. Open Orb on your desktop and click on the Audio tab. Then click on the internet radio section.

6. Click on "Add Custom". Paste the URL that you copied from uSirius in the "Path" box. Fill in the channel name in the "Name" box.

7.Open up your browser on your blackberry and go to mycast.orb.com. Log in and go to favorite internet radio links and click the channel you want to hear.

8. You need to have uSirius running on your desktop for this to work.
    04-10-08 05:23 PM
    Has anyone got this to work? Im pretty sure I have everything setup correctly. But everytime I try to listen I get an error that reads "Media being played is of an unsupported format"! Does anyone know how to fix this?
    04-10-08 07:09 PM
    Sweet!!! Thanks Russ. I think I'm gonna hook that up this weekend!
    04-11-08 08:06 AM
    Orb is the best I had problems playing media but tried moving track ball(from play,to stop to the time line of the song, clockwise and then counter clockwise) while loading the media player. worked for me!
    04-12-08 01:49 PM
    Has anyone got this to work? Im pretty sure I have everything setup correctly. But everytime I try to listen I get an error that reads "Media being played is of an unsupported format"! Does anyone know how to fix this?

when you log in orb on the blackberry..scroll to the bottom and select the settings url. change stream to 3gp
    05-04-08 10:14 PM
    First..thanks...awesome community site. Now...I have Orb and uSirius running - simple enough. I've chosen each of the 3 available 3GP formats for streaming at mycast.orb.com. None seem to work. I get "A problem occurred while trying to render the page." Anyone else get this? Any known fixes? Thanks. --mg
    05-11-08 01:50 AM
    I have been using Orb and uXM for a while now on my pearl with no issues. Heck i can even access my entire MP3 library on my PC as well as all the movies and what not I have stored. another great feature is I can turn on my webcam from the BB and se what is happening in my house whil Im away. I like that, but hte wife diddnt like it so much...
    05-12-08 06:14 AM
    Orb is pretty cool I might try out that sirus thing

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-12-08 06:45 AM
    I like orb but it is buggy. I am able to listen to my MP3's and watch video I have stored on my pc but I cannot listen to a live stream. (ie...The Bob and Tom show) Nothing I have done has ever got it working. I have all the codecs and all the settings are configured properly. Just won't work for live streaming media....*sigh*
    05-12-08 08:10 AM
    I did this and it worked for me.

Go to orb on the task bar, right click and select configuration. In the advanced tab uncheck both Enable UPnP PAV media server and use UPnP for direct stream.
    09-07-08 10:52 PM
    orb is great, but it times out when i am at work and obviously can not log back in on my computer since i am no where near it.

anyone know how to prevent orb from timing out?
    09-08-08 09:07 PM
    I have orb working fine on my BB storm but i was wondering if anyone knew how to get an icon app so i don't have to go to the web address every time thanks in advance.
    04-26-09 01:44 PM
    I just saved the link as a bookmark. It's right there when I open my browser. The icon thing sounds interesting though. I have Orb running on my home server streaming to a Storm 2. Had some problems with the music being jerky, etc. I had to lower the speed to 65 kbs and change to 3GP, now it streams perfecty even away from WiFi! Now the only problem is I get audio, but no video. Will try unchecking enable UPnP PAV Media Server and see if that helps. Tell ya what, my Storm is a whole lot easier to work with than my wife's Moto Droid!!
    08-20-10 12:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD