Hey all...

I'm wondering if anyone has successfully gotten Blackberry maps functioning on an AT&T Pearl 8110. It appears through my searching that people have been successful on AT&T Curves.

I tried following the general info in the curve thread (i.e. remove vendor.xml and remove vendorID items in LBS.alx) but found no reference to vendorID in the LBS.alx file that was on my PC.

After running DM and checking to install BB Maps, it appears that the application does install on the device (it's in the applications list under options>advanced options>applications) and the device memory is reduced by approx 700k. It also shows up in the service books on the device. However, there is no desktop icon for it.

FWIW, I don't really need it for navigation (have google maps already) but it is the only GPS mapping app that is compatible with Blip (from what I understand anyway...someone please correct me if I'm wrong here)

Thanks,

MB
    07-11-08 10:43 AM
    You are most likely missing the module that includes the BBMaps home screen icon. Others have had that same problem. This link should help you: http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/bla...-8330-a-36585/
    07-12-08 05:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD