I got my pearl a week ago today, hadn't even really done anything and then yesterday or the day before I kept getting a blinking hour glass, even when the phone was idle on the home screen. I reinstalled the OS and all of that junk, and today I took it to Alltel and they didn't even ask any questions just asked if it wasn't working correctly when they saw I had the Pearl and I told them yes, the lady looked at it, scanned it, brought another phone out, activated it and sent me on my way telling me she hopes it works for me. It doesn't have the blinking cursor anymore and I was relieved. I get home and start entering all of my numbers again and here it goes, I was only in the C's and it starts flashing again. I tried shutting it down and that didn't work I pulled the battery and that didn't work. Does anyone else with a Pearl have this issue? Or is this just normal? If it is I don't want the phone. It is extremely annoying and slows the system, it comes up every few seconds and does a spin and goes away. I hadn't even done anything with it yet! I tried putting in my memory card and it still did it. It is all default straight out of the box except for my address book. I'm getting very frustrated, this is ridiculous, I havent even received the bill in the mail for the phone!!!!!!
    09-02-08 11:33 AM
    ok try this hold down the alt key and type lglg this will bring up the event log hit the menu button and clear it
    09-02-08 11:44 AM
    cleared it and its still blinking...
    09-02-08 11:50 AM
    get a different bb, the 8830 curve or something. I have a pearl, and while i dont have this particular problem, i would recommend getting a different bb
    09-02-08 11:53 AM
    They just gave me this pearl 2 hours ago... I love the phone I dont know what is going on..... I dont want to go right back in and have them think I'm crazy.... I doubt they are going to give me the Curve...

get a different bb, the 8830 curve or something. I have a pearl, and while i dont have this particular problem, i would recommend getting a different bb
    09-02-08 11:55 AM
    the only time i've seen this happen is a memory issue or while and address book or media card is indexing
    09-02-08 11:57 AM
    I haven't had that problem. Sounds like you mighjt have a bug in your PC. Defrag your PC then reinstall the disk you got from your carrier.
    09-02-08 11:58 AM
    the only time i've seen this happen is a memory issue or while and address book or media card is indexing

So what do I do to fix the indexing thing?
    09-02-08 11:58 AM
    I haven't had that problem. Sounds like you mighjt have a bug in your PC. Defrag your PC then reinstall the disk you got from your carrier.
    I havent even plugged this new pearl into my pc yet.... I didn't do anything but start putting contacts in manually and set up my email.
    09-02-08 11:59 AM
    So what do I do to fix the indexing thing?
    sometimes it just takes time for it to index
    09-02-08 12:21 PM
    sometimes it just takes time for it to index
    Is a day long enough? I turned off all connections and it still does it so it has to be the phone.
    09-03-08 10:24 AM
    You may have a defective BB. If you like the Pearl (like me) you may want to take it back to the place you purchased it and raise a fit. See if you can get a new one.
    09-03-08 10:44 AM
    Its either defective or you are really low on file free memory. Hold alt and the press r a c e. Reply back with the file free amount

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-03-08 10:48 AM
    They gave me a new one yesterday because the one I had for a week did the same thing and as soon as I got this one and just put the address book in it started doing it. I havent even plugged it into my PC yet. I took it back and the Alltel guy said that its searching for connections and i will see it once in a while... well I dont think every few seconds is just once in awhile and while the connection is off??? I dont think that is normal is it?
    09-03-08 11:00 AM
    Free file amount is 19949928

Its either defective or you are really low on file free memory. Hold alt and the press r a c e. Reply back with the file free amount

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-03-08 11:00 AM
    Maybe you could resend your service books. It might help. Not for sure though.
    09-03-08 11:07 AM
    When I took my old one in yesterday (a week old) and told them what was going on she looked at it and didn't even ask me just scanned it went and got another one scanned it and sent me on my way. She didn't want to transfer numbers for some reason she said that she has seen a few like this and she wouldnt want to chance transferring something so I did the address book ALL over again, lol I just want my Pearl to work. Maybe I'm just too picky but I dont think I should be seeing an hour glass on every screen every few seconds freezing everything I do. Yeah it only freezes for a second or two but its every 5 seconds or so.

You may have a defective BB. If you like the Pearl (like me) you may want to take it back to the place you purchased it and raise a fit. See if you can get a new one.
    09-03-08 11:15 AM
    i have bever had this problem... must be somthing out of your control
    09-03-08 11:19 AM
    Resend my service books? I havent done anything on it except for add my addresses and txt... I havent even plugged it into my PC to do anything... I'm so bummed I love the pearl and just want one that doesnt freeze and I know when I go in there today they are gunna make me feel like its no big deal and that its normal and I know its not because I have a few friends who have the same phone! I just dont understand why 2 in a row would do that! I dont want to upgrade or anything like that I just want a Pearl that works the way it should!

Maybe you could resend your service books. It might help. Not for sure though.
    09-03-08 11:29 AM
    if its outta my control what should i do? deal with a blackberry that freezes all the time and is slow? when i paid all that money and pay extra a month to have it.

i have bever had this problem... must be somthing out of your control
    09-03-08 11:34 AM
    The best thing for you to do is to go back to the Alltel store (?) where you purchased your BB and see if they will give you a new one. I know this sucks but, at least you will be able to move on. I had problems with a WM PDA and took the phone back to T-mobile after a couple of weeks. They replaced it for free with no questions asked. I hope you have the same luck.
    09-03-08 11:36 AM
    They replaced the first one and this is my second one. I'm just upset because I had confrontation and I'm gunna get really upset if they keep telling me its normal

The best thing for you to do is to go back to the Alltel store (?) where you purchased your BB and see if they will give you a new one. I know this sucks but, at least you will be able to move on. I had problems with a WM PDA and took the phone back to T-mobile after a couple of weeks. They replaced it for free with no questions asked. I hope you have the same luck.
    09-03-08 11:39 AM
    They replaced the first one and this is my second one. I'm just upset because I had confrontation and I'm gunna get really upset if they keep telling me its normal
    Bummer! I didn't realize you had already turned one in. Maybe you ought to re-think about changing carriers? Blasted contracts!! Good luck to you.
    09-03-08 11:42 AM
    Well we just updated our contract last week and they usually do fine they will just have to fix it or give me another one

Bummer! I didn't realize you had already turned one in. Maybe you ought to re-think about changing carriers? Blasted contracts!! Good luck to you.
    09-03-08 11:50 AM
    Well I'm on my third pearl in 4 months for the same issues my software was corrupt it usually happens when they transfer info from one pearl to another. Have you downloaded anything online yet? BC wls.live.com which is great made my last one act the same way. I just reinstalled it
    09-03-08 12:21 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD