ANY HELP OR DIRECTION WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. My Wife and I are getting harassing and threatening calls from her ex-husband. I have talked to the police about this and they said there is really nothing they can do without hearing a recording of this. They also said as long one party (us) knows the call is being recorded it is admisable to a Judge. I have a Curve but my Wife has a Pearl. I think Radio Shack has some deals that you can put in your ear that record what is coming out of the speaker end of the phone that further attaches to a mini tape recorder. If My Wife got a call from him while she was driving the last thing i would want her to do was try to put some earbud in her ear and push record on a mini tape recorder before she answered the phone. ****, she can hardly drive as it is now. but isnt there some app/program that i could download/buy for the Pearl itself? Take the Legalitys out of it, I'm just inquiring from a Self-Protection standpoint. I emailed the suggestions email address for RIM inquiring about this but i just wanted to throw this out there and see if anyone else has gone through this or knows of anything the could help.

just found this site, i am eye-balling the first one on the page sounds just like what i need.

Blackberry Record Calls - Record and save many hours of phone calls. Phone recorder plus answering machine. please let me know what you think.

Thank you for your time
    Branden S. Larose
    Last edited by blarose; 11-10-08 at 12:23 PM.
    11-10-08 11:57 AM
    Well, I was going to suggest pressing the key with the red phone icon, but this is a whole 'nother ballgame... I had a Nokia that could record phone conversations, I believe, but if BBs can do it, I don't know about it.
    11-10-08 12:49 PM
    Ideally, you don't want the call at all. 1) If you have call block, use it. 2) Put his known numbers in your directory and if he calls, you will see who it is so don't answer. 3) Don't answer the phone at all while driving. 4) Programs such as these will allow you to record, but you also need something on you wired phones.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-10-08 01:06 PM
    oh trust me i would rather not even answer either but him and my wife have a son together so they do need to communcate about pick up times and plan changes and such. it has got confrontational and i can handle that all day long but i cant handle him getting away saying the things to her that he does. i understand that it is all just words but where do you draw the line? i wont tolerate threats and harassing name calling. im sure you guys know what i mean?
    11-10-08 02:00 PM
    Just see if your carrier can block his number from your wifes Pearl and just leave him the ability to call you. If your wife feels physically threatened I just picked up a military force mace that may work for you.
    11-10-08 02:04 PM
    Usually carriers will change your number for free if you tell them you are being threatened. Keep in mind that rules are different in different states. In some, only ONE party needs to be aware of the recording. In others, BOTH parties must consent. Be careful. I'm not a lawyer, though.

Last edited by mrsubway; 11-10-08 at 02:10 PM.
    11-10-08 02:07 PM
    oh trust me i would rather not even answer either but him and my wife have a son together so they do need to communcate about pick up times and plan changes and such. it has got confrontational and i can handle that all day long but i cant handle him getting away saying the things to her that he does. i understand that it is all just words but where do you draw the line? i wont tolerate threats and harassing name calling. im sure you guys know what i mean?
    I would still stand by my suggestions on the phone but I would also add that you should not be handling any calls. Also I would suggest that your wife and her ex should consult a mediator on whatever the custody issues are and she should bring up the issue of harassing phone calls with the mediator.

Finally, if he becomes threatening in any way in person, call 911.
    11-10-08 04:42 PM
    What about just sticking to text messages with her ex? That way she could still communicate with her ex husband regarding her sons plans, but his crazy rants can be somewhat held back due to text messages. Also with texting if there is some serious threats from her ex at least you've got it recorded on her phone as evidence.

11-10-08 05:02 PM
    Here's another thought, If she is on a call with him and he gets angry or hostile tell her to hang up..... if he is that upset or mad at her, he will more than likely call right back, let it go to voicemail and whala.... you have it taped.
    11-10-08 05:08 PM
    Here's another thought, If she is on a call with him and he gets angry or hostile tell her to hang up..... if he is that upset or mad at her, he will more than likely call right back, let it go to voicemail and whala.... you have it taped.
    That's a great idea. I would also just put the speaker phone on when he calls, and then you could just use a regular tape recorder to record the whole conversation.

In case your wife doesn't know how, all you do is pick up the call first, and then hit the menu button, and then select Activate Speakerphone.
    Last edited by dknyberry; 11-11-08 at 07:10 AM.
    11-11-08 07:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD