Hey everyone,

I am mostly happy with the 8130, but the main let down is how poorly it handles video; it rarely works.
    I have some video clips (that are the proper blackberry format) they play for the first 10 seconds, then fail, or loop back to the start... the files test fine on my PC and mac, so I don't know what the issue is; other files play fine on the 8130 with no explaination of what is different...

Anwyay - anybody know of a good source to dload video? I'd love to be able to watch southpark episodes or documentaries, or something on my train ride to work.

thanks

NOTE: I am not asking for streaming video or whatever, I realize that is an issue...
    I am happy to dload on my computer THEN transfer to the blackberry for later viewing.
    Last edited by Schteevie; 02-10-08 at 12:18 PM.
    02-10-08 12:15 PM
    02-10-08 12:19 PM
    On a side note, anyone know why when I link to blueapple.mobi the link text turns into video search?
    02-10-08 12:20 PM
    wow - that videos4blackberry site seems to be awesome - not super organized or searchable, but lots of content it seems so far...
    the "video search" site was one that I had tried before with little success...

thanks!
    02-10-08 02:02 PM
    I've been ripping DVDs to .avi files and downloading YouTube files and converting them to Blackberry formatted MP4 files with great success. I convert the .avi and large MP4 files using MediaCell (free download). They have a format specifically for the Pearl, although sometimes I adjust the pixel screen size. For widescreen movies, it defaults to 240 x 180 pixels, which makes everything look taller and narrower. I find if I set the height to 136 pixels, it's a little smaller, but the height to width ratio is better. My 700Mb avi files come out as 140Mb MP4 files and play great! The only problem I've found with MediaCell is that running it with Vista, you have to uninstall and reinstall it each time you use it. No problem with XP.
    02-11-08 07:11 AM
    youtube's mobile site should work for you: m.youtube.com .
    02-11-08 09:27 AM
    that videos4blackberry site looks awesome, but everytime I try to view a video I get a Forbidden error 403: Not authorized to view this page?????
    Does anyone know why? Is it Verizon?? Or just a problem with the web page, or something with my settings?
    I can view the youtube mobile site just fine. I download some other 3G videos from other sites and play them. I don't know if my pearl will play mp4 vids or not.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    02-11-08 06:14 PM
    I read the FAQ on this website and it explained everything. You have to download from PC then transfer to BB. Works fine.
    02-11-08 08:55 PM
    blueapple.mobi is a true mobile video search that allows you to access any video on the web and view it on any video-enabled phone, for free! We have just released our wide-screen version for a much better user experience.

Do let us know what you think of it. Thank you for your support and feedback.
    03-14-08 03:59 PM
    Hey blueapple guy, if your gonna post all over the site, why not throw the link in your sig?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by fonebrkr; 03-14-08 at 07:41 PM.
    03-14-08 07:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD