Well i just picked up the 8130 from verizon last week. I am having issues with the fact that the phone is constantly showing it is roaming. I went into the store the other day the rep looked at it and then said he fixed well not a hour later it started to show that it was roaming. I do not have the national access plan but instead a local plan, and yes i am in my area. is anyone else having the same issue or know what could be causing it.
    12-08-07 11:02 AM
    I'm having no roaming weirdness. If it is still within 30 days, go back to the store and get a new one. Don't screw around with those problems.
    12-08-07 11:16 AM
    Do you live on the border of where you would be roaming. I was living in Detroit and picking up Canadian signals. So consequently I was always roaming. What I had to do is call Verizon after about three tries they comped my bill and placed a note on the account informing billing that no roaming charges would apply because my phone was getting stronger signals from Canada towers. Call them and figure out if in fact you are roaming, and if you are ask them where the charges are coming from? Then see if its a matter of geographical logistics.
    12-08-07 02:59 PM
    well i went down and exchanged the phone for a new one. still having the same issue. i will call tech support and see whats up. im not to concerned anymore because they are not charging me roaming charges anyways. i think it must be because of the plan i have. i was able to keep my previous plan they just added the 29.99 bb data plan to it. i dont want to lose the plan im on now. i am paying 39.99 for 1000 minutes. it is not the national access plan it is local (LV) then i pay an extra 5 a for 250 text and pic messages. i have compared it to the other plans and i will end up spending more for a plan with less minutes. just not logical in my opinion.
    12-08-07 04:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD