I was in bed reading a magazine with my blackberry pearl next to me. Without even touching it, the screen lit up all of a sudden and what it displayed was my text messages. I was able to scroll through my text messages with the trackball but was unable to exit from the text message screen as no other buttons worked. I decided to just leave my phone alone a bit and thought it was just a quirk. Now, no buttons (front or side or trackball) work whatsoever. The only way I can get a screen to show up is to plug it into the battery charger. Without the battery charger plugged into it I can't get anything to happen on my phone at all. While this has been going on my phone buzzed to indicate that I have a text message or e-mail so it is still receiving things. What in the world is going on?? I tried two battery pulls and neither worked, don't know what else to do. My phone was working perfectly fine earlier today, I never dropped it or got water on it or anything.
    03-28-11 10:08 PM
    hey steph. the buttons and trackball not working is actually usually due to water damage. even though you never droped it in water, even hand moisture or touching the phone when your hand is wet or little drops of water can cause damage to the phone. i believe the phone is water damage. Since i work at a cellphone store, we normally get problems like this a lot, so i hoped i've helped!
    03-28-11 10:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD