2 days ago, I picked up my phone to read a message and when I pressed the trackball, X7 was typed up on screen instead. I pressed the menu button and W comes up?! I battery ppulled with no luck. Someone mentioned there may be water damage (stickers indicate there isnt) but just to try, I did the ol' phone in dry rice thing, left for 2 nights and it's still broken.
    I can move the trackball but now when I press it, nothing happens. My menu key still types W, the return button types *, I can access things through hitting the enter button but really, the phone is unusable without being able to use return or menu. A few other buttons are also muddled up.

My phone is on contract, with o2, who are lame as. I'm not insured as last time a phone went wrong, they tried to claim I'd spilt water onto it which I hadn't, and then informed me they blame everything on water damage if they can so they can get out of replacing stuff (a friend on o2 had her phone stolen out of her bag once and they refused to replace it because her handbag was open and not hidden out of sight!!)

Is there any way I can fix this phone without going through o2? I have no idea if my phone is under warranty on contract as I didn't pay for it - I got it june last year anyway so if it is, it's probably up by now.

I'm so frustrated!!
    07-05-09 08:15 AM
    Well, thanks for all the advice . The blackberry is going into the bin and I'm going back to Sony E.
    07-06-09 05:21 AM
    Try reinstalling the os and see if that helps. It would only work if the issue is software related though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-06-09 07:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD