I've had my Blackberry since December and up until two weeks ago it's been very reliable. I use it as my main alarm clock at set it for 6:00am every day. Last week I thought I slept through my alarm but when it happened again I tested it. For some reason between (I'm guessing) just before 6:00am and until 9/10am the alarm won't work. It shows that the alarm is going off and asks you to dismiss it but no sound comes out (like it's on silent when it's not).

Every other ring tone/noise is fine and works great. When I've tried trouble shooting it with Rogers the alarm goes off with the noise. They've suggested removing all the programing on my Blackberry and "starting over" which seems like a huge hassle and I'm not sure I could do it myself (they sent me instructions but they are Rogers and make little sense for a first time user).

Any help would be great!
    05-28-09 12:31 PM
    I can't be the only one who has this problem????
    05-29-09 11:36 AM
    This happened to my wife's 8120, battery pull will fix it. I also recommend quickpull for a scheduled nightly battery pull to increase your memory and prevent small problems like this one....
    05-29-09 12:18 PM
    I have the same problem, and have pulled the battery for other reasons and it obviously has not helped. Someone suggested that I download a third party alarm app from the app store...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-29-09 09:06 PM
    I made a thread in here and in the general discussion as well...i finally gave up and bought a little alarm clock for my bedside.
    05-29-09 09:40 PM
    Just want to double check...battery pull is just removing the battery and popping it back in there?

moorec614: Did you download a new alarm app? Is it working now?
    06-01-09 11:41 AM
    i actually dont even use the alarm clock....i use my calendar as an alarm...and you can set as many as you need
    06-02-09 01:36 AM
    i actually dont even use the alarm clock....i use my calendar as an alarm...and you can set as many as you need
    Don�t have a pearl but that�s what I also do with my storm. The alarm clock seems to not always work but so far the calendar seems to be dependable. Or as stated above just get a standard alarm clock for wal-mart. lol
    06-02-09 01:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD