I am a first time buyer of a Blackberry Pearl 8130. I need help on adjusting how often my Blackberry checks for new email. I know it is probably simple, but I can not figure it out. Thanks!
    04-20-08 06:45 PM
    I don't think you can set that option. However, for gmail, it's instantaneous through BIS.

For about a week when I first got my BB, I set up my Exchange Server email through BIS and that had a significant delay. However, once I got BES set up, it's instantaneous as well.
    04-20-08 06:55 PM
    the email is always connected, and everytime an email comes, it goes right to the device, it doesnt do it every X amount of minutes like most other smart phones, and i dont recall ever seeing an option to allow you to do that!
    04-20-08 06:57 PM
    You must be an old wm user BB email is instant. There is no need to adust anything once you get your email accounts set up.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-20-08 07:00 PM
    Thanks! Somebody just suggested doing that to conserve my battery. Seems like my battery is pretty much dead halfway through the day. Any suggestions?
    04-20-08 07:03 PM
    If your battery is dead by the end of the day, you need to take it back (ifs its new) and have either the battery checked or replaced.

I'm going on a year now and a full nights charge will still last me more than a day.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-20-08 10:26 PM
    Thanks! Somebody just suggested doing that to conserve my battery. Seems like my battery is pretty much dead halfway through the day. Any suggestions?
    If you're in an area where your phone is constantly searching for a signal, this will depletes your battery in a hurry.
    Here is a good article on Conserving your Battery.
    Maximum Battery Life - BlackBerryFAQ
    Last edited by CrackBlack; 04-21-08 at 12:48 AM.
    04-21-08 12:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD