I was using my BB today and all of a sudden when I scrolled to my address book it would not open and I had to hit the end button to even scroll to any other icon. It was like it was locked or jamming up the entire thing. I just pulled the battery out of frustration and it is working for now. My real question is: Is this an issue or did I somehow have my address book locked and I need to know how to unlock it? Sorry for such a long and I'm sure very stupid question. I am still very new to this since only having a BB fo about a month.
    Thanks
    newbie Huffbeeter
    06-14-08 07:14 PM
    I got this EXACT same thing today and thats why I came on here to Search and see if anyone had this happen too!?! Glad I'm not alone
    I've had my 8130 for exactly 2 weeks now and this just started happening. I haven't been out the battery, but instead, just pull up the Menu on the Call Log and select 'Call from Address Book' and then I can scroll through my Address Book with no problems.

It's still a PITA, as I shouldn't have to jump through hoops just to see my Address Book! Bad bad

Hope someone else sees this and let's us know!
    06-15-08 08:06 PM
    I am having the same problem with my Pearl. Had it about 3 weeks. The address book icon locks if you click on it. you have to hit the end call button to unlock it just to move the trackball. Someone help us!
    10-11-08 10:12 AM
    I would go to options. Status. See how much memory you have. If battery pull fixed it and the phone is really fairly new its a memory issue. Your file free should be more than 12000000. If its low look at stoner's guide to freeing up memory

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-11-08 11:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD