When I have these two numbers listed in my address book, I am unable to send texts to them. Only once I remove them from the address book can I send them an SMS. What is wrong?

Thanks in advance
    09-08-10 07:55 PM
    Did you have the numbers entered in the Address Book with the full 10 digits?
    09-08-10 08:49 PM
    Yes, I did.
    It seems to only do this when the # is one that isnt in my area.
    09-08-10 11:04 PM
    Do you have your area code entered in your phone options?
    09-09-10 05:56 AM
    Yes, my area code is in where it reads "My Number:"
    09-09-10 06:33 PM
    I'm not sure that would matter, but it was all I could think to ask. Are these the only numbers outside your area code? Are both in the same area code? Is there anything else different about these two numbers?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-09-10 06:59 PM
    Yes, these are the only numbers outside of my area code. There are most likely more that I'll add but I wanted to solve this problem before handing my number out. Yes, they are both the same area code. Nothing else different about these numbers that I'm aware of.
    09-09-10 08:40 PM
    I asked this question already, but I phrased it badly and you may have misunderstood what I meant to ask. To be clear, in Phone / Options / Smart Dialing, do you have your Area Code entered?

09-09-10 08:56 PM
    Under "Country Code:" it says "+***" (the area code)
    Under "Area Code:" it is blank
    Do I add in my area code where it is blank?
    09-09-10 09:26 PM
    Click the drop down box and set your Country Code to United States (+1). Then scroll down to the Area Code box and enter your area code. The National Number Length should default to 10. Use "1" for National Dialing should be Yes. Entering your area code should solve the problem.
    09-09-10 10:01 PM
    Thanks a lot Jeff. I appreciate the quick help/replies.
    09-10-10 03:22 PM
    Glad to help. Sorry it took so long for me to ask the right question the right way.

09-10-10 03:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD