Can someone help me, please? I went to the Olive Tree website and dowloaded the Bible Reader and NIV Bible for the 8130...it even verifies, is this the correct device? I unzipped them on my desktop as it suggests, ran the setup program, opened my BB desktop, clicked on Add Applications, highlighthed the .alx (something like that) file, but then I get an error message that no file was found compatible with my BlackBerry or device? I did notice that in the directions it showed the file name as Blackberry_Bible_NIV.alx (something like that with BB in the file name) and the ones unzipped did NOT include the Blackberry name. I have contacted Olive Tree but haven't heard thier side yet. Any one here have a similiar situation occur? This is the first application I have tried to add using the BB desktop software. Thanks!
    Last edited by corymcnutt; 12-05-07 at 01:17 PM. Reason: New Subject
    12-05-07 11:04 AM
    This is what Olive Tree answered back...I wasn't aware of any defect on 8130's software...is she talking about the actual desktop software or what's inside the BB? Thanks..

Hello Cory,

Some of the newer BlackBerry devices shipped with an defective version of their
    desktop software. They have released patches that are now available to their
    users. Please use the information below to obtain a copy of the patch for your
    device.

Just select the provider, and then select the specific BlackBerry model from the
    next page. Follow through with the download/installation, and then sync the
    BlackBerry to the desktop computer. Then try installing the .alx files through
    the application loader.
    http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support/downloads/download_sites.jsp
    12-05-07 12:59 PM
    I got the same message on my 8130 when I tried to install the software with the desktop manager. once I updated the device software from the link mentioned, it worked great.
    In fact I've been sitting here reading Genesis on my pearl! Nice.
    01-10-08 11:35 PM
    Thanks Jeff...I finally got all of my software upgraded and everything is working fine. Olive Tree really worked me and sent me some OTA links to dl when I was still having problems with the application loader. They worked great and I too am enjoying the Bible on my BB!
    01-11-08 06:21 AM
    thanks u all i will try to it b/c im have the same problem
    01-12-08 01:14 AM
    OK guys, when try to "update" the software it says I have a "newer" version on already and I need to uninstall it first. Did anyone get the same message? I can't believe the newer version is jacked up...well maybe I can, but it shouldn't be!
    01-12-08 09:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD