My wife just got a Pink Blackberry Pearl 8130 yesterday was wanting me to find out how to put music on it and how to set the ringtones. Can I put music on the Pearl with out having a microSD card? If so, how do I set the songs that I put on it as a ringtone? Thanks for the help.
    04-10-08 11:03 AM
    04-10-08 11:20 AM
    Can I put music on the Pearl with out having a microSD card?
    I wouldn't recommend it. The Pearl only has about 64mb of internal memory. Probably a good 25-30mb of that is the OS. So then you are left with maybe 30mb. You won't be able to put very many mp3s on the phone without it having a problem. If the phone's memory is too low, it will start deleting email, text messages, and call logs that aren't saved to free up space.
    04-10-08 11:24 AM
    I agree with sunkast....get a mem card....there are things that can be deleted from the phn to free up memory but with the memory card...u don't have to worry about that....
    04-10-08 11:27 AM
    thanks for the help. Who makes the best memory card for the Pearl?
    04-10-08 11:29 AM
    Do not load any music on your BB without a SD card. You will eat up your device memory. Plus you will mot be able to get more than a few songs on your BB without a SD card.
    04-10-08 11:29 AM
    Yes, get a mem card. They're so cheap these days anyway! Now, about setting songs as ringtones, you can go to the song through media on your berry, go to the song and hit menu and select "set as phone tune". You can also go to profiles, scroll to advanced, go to your active profile, hit menu and choose edit. From there, scroll to phone, select tune and browse to the tune you want. If you want custom ringtones, go to address book, select the entry you want, hit menu, edit, then hit menu again and select add custom phone tune.
    04-10-08 11:33 AM
    Kingston and Sandisk are the top two brand names. For an 8130, you can go as large as 8gb.
    04-10-08 11:46 AM
    welcome to CB !
    04-10-08 11:49 AM
    i dont know anything about mem cards so can someone help me out...i have a 512 mb how many gb is that? I feel like I have a million songs on it. I literally downloaded my whole library to the card well okay not the whole library because there are stupid songs from all mems of the fam but i downloaded all of MY songs anyway like yall wanted to know that moving on.....so yeah what is 512 mb compared with gb? Could I get a card with evern more memory and have even more songs??!!!
    04-10-08 08:26 PM
    1 gb is 1000 mb

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-10-08 08:32 PM
    512mb is about 1/2 of a GB.

Hi everyone! I'm new to the forums (just ordered my Pearl a couple of days ago. Now I'm just waiting for it to be shipped!) I was thinking about getting a 4gb or 8 gb card, but I was reading where some people have problems with 8gb cards and reading them on computers. Has anyone else had a problem like that? Sorry, I know it's not technically Pearl related...

EDIT: Sorry, I didn't type quick enough!
    04-10-08 08:34 PM
    I had an issue getting my 6G card to read (and I have a brand new iMac). I was trying to use the micro to mini adapter that came with my card. I then used my current USB reader to no avail. I went to the VZW store and bought a card reader that reads the micro (size that actually fits into the phone) without any adapters and it works beautifully. I would imagine the same thing for an 8G card. The reader that I have is MobileMate SD+. It was about 15 bucks.
    04-11-08 03:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD