I searched for the answer on this one, but can't seem to find anything!

My wife got a new Storm, I have the Pearl 8130 os4.5, both from Verizon Wireless. I'm unable to add her to my messenger and can't see why.

Here is the process I use:

1. Select "Add a contact' in messenger

At this point, most of the info I see says to hit menu key and select "Use Once". Well I don't have that as an option. A box that pops up that says

<Type PIN/Email address or Name here...>

and forces me to enter something, rather then taking me to my address book. When I hit the menu key from the "add a contact" box, I get these options:
    1. Show Symbols
    2. Enable Multitap
    3. Switch Input Language
    4. Close

So to try and work around it, I went to her contact entry in my phone and tried to edit it, adding the PIN to her list of info. Oddly, when I do I am unable to select the "O" or "F" in her PIN code. When I hit <uparrow> "OP" I get the letter "A". I put it on "ABC", I've tried multitap, but it still will not let me. I can select the other letters just fine, as long as they are the first letter on the key. If I move to the "Email Address"" field, it works fine and I can enter any letter I need to.

My blackberry works fine in every other respect. The keyboard works well and everything seems to be ok. I already have 2 contacts in my messenger, but they sent the add request to me.

Any clue?
    Last edited by big stew; 05-08-09 at 02:55 PM.
    05-08-09 02:51 PM
    Here is what you need to do:
    Go to the messenger,
    Hit *Menu*
    Hit *Add a Contact*
    Type in your wifes PIN. the PIN code can be found by going on your WIFE'S blackberry, and hitting *Options*(the main icon, note it isnt in the messenger). then scroll down to *Status*,
    Her PIN should be listed there.
    Now enter her PIN into that <Type PIN/Email address or Name here...> "box".

that should do it.
    hope it works for you.

also note: she will have to accept the contact request.
    Last edited by btait1; 05-08-09 at 03:47 PM. Reason: typo
    05-08-09 03:46 PM
    Craziest thing. That didn't work, but I was eventually able to copy and paste it to her contact entry from a text message!

Hopefully this will be solved when I get the Tour!

Thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-08-09 08:48 PM
    stew have you guys tried sending the request from her phone?
    05-08-09 08:52 PM
    Get her to send her PIN in a message or look at it directly and then just copy and paste it if you get it in a message.

If you look at it directly, just type what you are looking at on her mobile device.
    05-08-09 09:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD