Hi there,

I was given a pearl around 6 months ago, it was an old company phone that was no longer being used. I had some trouble at first adding my yahoo e-mail account to it because everytime I went through E-mail settings, create new account, accept T&C it then says 'AN Account already exists for this PIN'.
    Luckily enough the original sim card of the previous owner had been left in the device and so I tried to add an account that way and ended up doing so. All was fine and e-mails were coming through as regular as clockwork, however for some reason now my yahoo e-mails are not coming through to the blackberry. I have checked my yahoo settings and they are not set to block e-mails etc...it may be worth me pointing out that I do not have a business account with yahoo but that didn't seem to make a difference before. Also, selected e-mails are still coming but not many-so something seems to still be working.

I can't even delete the yahoo account and add it again as I don't have the old sim card that I used previously.

I am guessing that the previous owner registered the PIN and IMEI number as whenever I try to add an e-mail account from a PC it says that it's already registrered.

I don't know what I should do-will wiping the handset help? Obviously I am reluctant to delete the e-mail accounts in case I can never add them again.

If anyone could give me some advice I would be very grateful
    03-07-09 11:09 AM
    you need to call, T mobile and have them release the pin so that you can create a new account or you will not be able to change and edit setting for your email accounts until you do this
    03-07-09 11:16 AM
    Hi, thanks for your reply.
    The previous network was Vodafone so is it them that I need to call? Any idea on how long it takes them to release the pin?
    03-07-09 11:36 AM
    you need to call vodafone then. who ever it was registered under should be able to release it right then and their
    03-07-09 11:44 AM
    Ok, just tried to call Vodafone and they will not release the pin as I am not with Vodafone. They are requesting that the the previous owner call them and then they will do. This is not possible as I no longer have contact with this person! HELLLPPPP. I have pleaded with Vodafone and they are not willing to do this!
    Any further suggestions???
    Thanks
    03-07-09 12:03 PM
    call and ask for a manager
    03-07-09 12:57 PM
    No, Vodafone are useless and still won't have any of it
    03-07-09 06:16 PM
    I had a simliar problem w a VZ phone, but updated software and used the setup to establish an gmail address. Good luck!
    03-08-09 04:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD