I wanted to download a game, so I downloaded it to my PC desktop and unzipped it. Tried to use DM to put the game on the phone and got the standard "no other applications" message. Followed the instructions I found somewhere on these forums to go to the Altell site and download the most up-to-date version.

This is what is now on my PC desktop: 8130uEFS_PBr4.3.0_rel149_PL3.1.0.40_A4.3.0.81_Allt el.

IF it is, indeed, necessary to put this on my Blackberry 8130 Pearl (first question), how, exactly, is this accomplished? (second question).

I attempted to install the game to my BB by simply putting it on the media card through Mass Storage. It's on the card, but how do I access it? (question 3)

I did do searches to try to find this information on the forums first, so sorry if this is all covered elsewhere.

besiderself
    06-16-08 10:08 AM
    1) On your BB, if you go to Options, about - and it shows - 4.3.0.81, then you don't need to install it to the BB, just to the PC.

2) We'll cross that bridge if we have to

3) you cannot access apps from your Memory card.
    Last edited by Chaz; 06-16-08 at 10:20 AM.
    06-16-08 10:16 AM
    Thanks, Chaz;

alright, I have the correct version on my phone. Next question: is it safe to install the program to my stupidVista 32bit 'puter?

Since I cannot access the app from my media card, should I delete the program file I placed there?

besiderself
    06-16-08 10:37 AM
    I would delete the app from your media card, then install it from the App loader in Desktop Manager.
    06-16-08 10:39 AM
    I will delete the game program from the media card.

However, can you answer the Vista question? Is it safe to install 8130uEFS_PBr4.3.0_rel149_PL3.1.0.40_A4.3.0.81_Allt el.

To my Vista machine?

besiderself
    06-16-08 10:51 AM
    I don't have Vista, but there should be no issue. I know a lot of people here have Vista, and have installed their BB OS to their PC with no complications.
    06-16-08 10:54 AM
    Thanks very much for your help, Chaz;

That seems to have been succesful, and the game is now on my phone. Just waiting for an access code, now.

Your quick responses have been very helpful. Thanks again!

besiderself
    06-16-08 11:20 AM
    You're quite welcome.
    06-16-08 11:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD