(this is posted in the Pearl Flip section also...hope there is not an issue with that)
    Is one better than the other? I have had an 8110 from AT&T for 2 years and I like it (alot).
    I have had AT&T and would like to go with Verizon for a little better price...
    Suggestions and comments are requested...
    Verizon has the Flip only...
    AT&T has the 8110...
    Thanks in advance,
    Larry DaSchmoe
    Last edited by Larry DaSchmoe; 10-11-09 at 11:37 PM.
    10-11-09 11:31 PM
    Well your Pearl flip is going to be better in most aspects, newer OS (4.6), and substancially more memory being the main things. I believe that the keys are bigger on the flip than they are on the 81xx. What it really comes down to is how much do you like the "candybar" style of the 81xx and do you want a flip device? If your main reason for staying with the Pearl model is for the SureType, and you don't like the flip style of BB, you may want to look at the Storm, because it gives you the option of using SureType or QWERTY just by turning the device.

I know my GF decided on the 8130 as opposed to the flip, personal preference I suppose... but as far as hardware goes the Flip is better than the 81xx series...
    10-12-09 09:49 AM
    I prefer the 81xx series simply because I don't like flip phones. Flip phone are more likely to break with more moving parts.

As far as hardware/software, the Flip is better but I'm happy with my 8130, I don't really need the new OS and more memory.
    10-12-09 11:26 AM
    My GF has the 8130, and I loaded a couple apps on her device and the memory is still alright. That's with 4.5.0.169, BBM5.0, BBweather, BerryBuzz, and usually after a reset she's sitting around 17-18 mb free... not as much as I would like, but she doesn't run into any problems running that... She LOVES her 8130.
    10-12-09 12:02 PM
    I loved my 8130 when I had it, although I admittedly had to unload unnecessary native apps (like voicedialing, bbmaps, etc) but that wasn't a real issue. It just sucked not being able to download all the apps I wanted and having to watch my memory.

Even so, I am not a fan of flip phones so I'm not partial to the pearl flip. Although more memory and a newer OS does make it more appealing. Additionally, it is likely that the pearl flip will get newer apps/themes that work with it just because it's newer and the 81xx series is essentially being phased out (or so it seems)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-13-09 10:15 AM
    and the 81xx series is essentially being phased out (or so it seems)

I know, and I think it sucks... I fear that the next to go will be my beloved 83xx model line...
    10-13-09 11:57 AM
    I know, and I think it sucks... I fear that the next to go will be my beloved 83xx model line...
    I doubt that will happen, the 83xx is just too popular.
    10-13-09 12:44 PM
    I had a demo 8230 for 45 days to play with. (my roommate works for VZW) The extra memory for apps is definitely nice but despite running the same processor; I noticed that my 8130 was faster in the browser department along with some other things. The larger keyboard was also cool on the 8230 but after the new factor wore off, I was still using my 8130 90% of the time. To date, my 8130 has been the most solid device I've ever owned. I had a chance to demo the 8330 and 9530 and my Pearl still got most of my attention. Maybe I'm just super comfortable with it but I love my Pearl and I'm fretting since it's time to upgrade and of course I want something with a lot more app memory and some more horses under the hood but my 8130 has been so good to me. Never a problem, never a tech call. Despite what people say about it, I think it is one of the best devices ever produced by RIM.
    10-15-09 08:19 AM
    81XX as far as aesthetics. The flip for its inner workings. Personally i have the 8130 and i would neva trade it for the pearl flip even tho it does have a better os. It looks ancient in terms of form.81XX is a solid phone and its cute.if you r an apps person ur better off with the flip tho because of it havin more memory

10-22-09 04:26 PM
    i like my 8110 very much ,but its signal is very week,i am very sad
    10-25-09 04:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD