I've been having problem with the mp3 player lately.

At first I loaded about 2gb of music on with no problem, one day it randomly only saw 3 artists. I formatted the memory card and put on a new selection of music. A few days ago I decided to add some more music.. none of it was noticed. It's on the memory card but the bb wont read it. I formatted it again, copied it over, same old selection with none of the new stuff. So I formatted it AGAIN, and this time used media manager... and it STILL only notices the old selection of music.

this thing is giving me lots of problems. I've searched and searched and the only thing I've found has been to format the card. well I did that.. now what?
    06-05-08 03:49 PM
    Not to sound like a dumb question but............

Are you using your PC to format it or the BB? If you are using the PC then I suggest wiping the card and using the BB to format it.

If you are using the BB to format then what type of computer are you loading the music from?

I had a few issues at first when I used my Mac to load music. It didn't like transferring large amounts of music in one hit. Had to do small batches. Don't know what I did to fix it but I eventually got it working.

If you are using a windows PC then maybe you should try to manually "eject" the BB before disconnecting it. Just right click and click on "eject". You should get a message that it is now safe to remove the device.

That solved my problem with the PC when my memory card was giving me fits.

Hope some of this helps. Good luck.
    06-06-08 08:28 AM
    Hi there - I'm pretty new myself but have had a similiar issue with songs that I downloaded from ITunes. I guess they protect their stuff and so when you do transfer over to your phone is shows on the media mgr but not on the phone.* I read this on another thread so I don't know how true that is.* Sounded pretty good to me, though.* haha* And I've tried SO many times to convert the songs with no luck.* I'm also using Flipside on my pearl.* I have no idea if that means anything... I was going to post something about my problem but I think I'll monitor yours to see if you get any good stuff I can use!* I'll have my fingers crossed for you!
    06-08-08 01:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD