with my Parrot MK6100 hands-free kit. When I press the phone button on hands-free, "Say A Command" nearly blasts me out of the car. The 6100 has no provisions for changing this volume and I can't find in the 8130 the ability to turn down the nice lady's loud voice. Any suggestions?
    Thanks.
    07-24-08 02:43 PM
    I'm not sure about parrot but the volume on my alpine aftermarket setup is controlled by the actual deck. Because of the "headset" profile you're bb has setup for your bluetooth car kit, all the volume controls transfer to the output/input device.

I can set up a baseline for calls that is always the same when taking or making calls regardless of what the music volume is at the time. You also might want to look at vlingo instead of the VAD that is on board.

Check with your manufacturer or in the documentation hehe that usually works.
    07-24-08 03:26 PM
    Thanks for reply, kuni.
    What is vlingo?
    07-24-08 03:57 PM
    You can also go to options->voice dialing and adjust the volume there.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-24-08 05:14 PM
    Thanks for all of the suggestions above.

So far, I have tried to find a control in the voice dialing menu under Options on 8130 but there is none. I can turn voice prompts off in this menu but can't control the volume. The Parrot 6100 apparently doesn't have a control for this either.
    I can control audio volume of the call with volume control on Parrot but this has no effect on the voice prompt. And it is loud!
    Am I missing something?
    Thanks for any help.
    Wayne
    07-25-08 06:57 AM
    You can also go to options->voice dialing and adjust the volume there.
    This will only adjust the volume of the NAME or NUMBER when VAD repeats it for verification. There is not a way to adjust volume for the entire voice prompt in the Options menu.
    07-25-08 01:13 PM
    What is vlingo?
    Feel free to use the "Search Forums" feature thoughtfully provided by the makers of CrackBerry.

It's a voice system program. Voice to text in sms, voice-activated web searches, voice dialing.

Search, read, try it out.
    07-25-08 01:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD