i was thinking of buying a pearl 8130 off ebay it is a verizon wireless locked phone, i was curious if anyone has done this and transferred over to the Virgin mobile network in canada as they are both CDMA carriers. is this possible? there is currently no contract on the phone, i just thought since they are both cdma carriers and virgin mobile does sell the pearl 8130 whether it should be a problem?
    08-13-08 06:17 PM
    i was thinking of buying a pearl 8130 off ebay it is a verizon wireless locked phone, i was curious if anyone has done this and transferred over to the Virgin mobile network in canada as they are both CDMA carriers. is this possible? there is currently no contract on the phone, i just thought since they are both cdma carriers and virgin mobile does sell the pearl 8130 whether it should be a problem?
    You might have to call Verizon and get the unlock code from them. But I don't see a problem with it.
    08-14-08 07:49 AM
    thats a good question, ive been looking at phones on eBay too. Always wondered if i bought a BB from an American company...would it work i on a Canadian network

If you do try this, if you could msg me or post something about it, let me/everyone know how it goes!!

good luck!
    08-14-08 08:05 AM
    Technically they will work, but neither Bell or Telus will activate phones from another carrier, even if you have the subsidy code. They will only activate phones with ESNs that originate from their own inventory.
    08-14-08 11:23 AM
    Hold on buddy, don't press that buy button yet!

I guess I can't post URLs yet, but check out the Virgin Mobile Canada site. The 8130 is up.
    08-14-08 12:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD