I just bought my Pearl 8130 from Verizon (after using a treo for years)the other day and it is great so far, but I am having a hard time figuring out how to use the suretype system. Is there a website or section in this forum to help me out. I have tried the books it came with and the cd rom already.

Thanks.
    11-07-07 10:29 AM
    You should have been prompted through a tutorial during your initial set up. If not, return to your setup wizard and let it take you through it.

Good luck.
    09-26-08 02:16 PM
    Verizon also has a pre-installed game called Trooper Type, where you can practice suretype. One tip I can give you is don't look at the word as it's being formed... It becomes much easier and faster as you go along, you'll be surprised at how intuitive it is.
    09-26-08 02:55 PM
    Yea what LDubs said dont look at the word it will mess you up everytime. The only problem for me is suretype does not recognize "redneck" who knew. chad
    09-26-08 03:06 PM
    Yea what LDubs said dont look at the word it will mess you up everytime. The only problem for me is suretype does not recognize "redneck" who knew. chad
    Ditto: trust that what SureType is doing is right, and a good 97.5% of the time it will result in words displayed exactly as you intended them to appear. It's really quite amazing how well it works.

So don't look at the screen...look at the keys. Naturally, some words won't work out well, but once you do them letter by letter, they'll wind up in the Pearl's dictionary and be there the next time you use 'em. Beats the crap out of MultiTap.
    09-26-08 03:56 PM
    Yeah use the setup wizard that will help you out.
    It helped me out, and I couldnt believe how rediculosly easy it was after you get the hang of it..that is!
    09-26-08 10:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD