Hi!
    I'm in need of some help! I dropped my 8130 the other day and my trackball fell out and fell into pieces (the metal pieces fell apart) it was in like 7 pieces and I thought my life was over.

I've managed to put it back together, but can't figure out how to put the trackball back into the phone?

Any help would be great!
    07-14-08 03:29 PM
    If you have insurance, bring it back for repair or a new one. If you don't, there's a few people in here that knows how. Good luck
    07-14-08 03:42 PM
    The trackball assembly should just drop right back into the hole, it just sits there. When you flip the assembly over, you should see that one side has a notch in it - when putting the trackball assembly back in, make sure the notch faces downwards (towards the keypad). Then carefully pop the chrome collar back onto the hole.
    07-14-08 03:52 PM
    this thread might give you some help hun

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...rackball-3243/
    07-14-08 05:10 PM

Thanks guys! I still haven't got it in, the worst thing is that it's my work phone! But I'm going to keep trying!

Meanwhile, does anyone know how to navigate without the trackball? :S
    07-14-08 10:29 PM
    still kinda of curious. Do you have insurance on this? If so, why not bring it back.
    07-15-08 05:17 AM
    You might try to search youtube for pearl trackball videos. I know there are several out there that show you how to color or disassemble the trackball. You might be able to figure it out from watching someone actually do it hun.

And I don't know about the OP, but with my insurance you have to pay a 50 buck deductable, which I wouldn't pay to get somebody to put my trackball in. But I am po, lol.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-15-08 03:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD