Is there a hack or any easy way to make this happen? I tested the phone out for a month from Verizon and it does it easily as a MMS from them, but for some reason sprint ruined it so it wont do it.. any idea's? If not Ill dump sprint.
    Thanks
    John
    02-26-08 01:55 PM
    Sprint does not support MMS. The only thing you can do is email the pic.
    02-26-08 02:13 PM
    What the ****..... Grrr... Guess Ill be bringing the thing back then and cancelling my sprint service.
    02-26-08 02:14 PM
    What the ****..... Grrr... Guess Ill be bringing the thing back then and cancelling my sprint service.
    Yup a bummer for Sprint users. That's ok Verizon locks down the GPS and wants us to pay $15 so we can use VZNav! Yea right!
    02-26-08 02:17 PM
    Thats OK, I have a GPS, and dont need that on my phone, but I text and send pictures alot, so its a must have feature.. bummer because verizon doesnt have the black pearl, just silver.. I suppose, one can never be 100% happy huh
    02-26-08 02:19 PM
    Thats OK, I have a GPS, and dont need that on my phone, but I text and send pictures alot, so its a must have feature.. bummer because verizon doesnt have the black pearl, just silver.. I suppose, one can never be 100% happy huh
    Same here.. Have a GPS. No Black but you could always get the Pink one! I have the Silver with a Black skin. Looks good!
    02-26-08 02:22 PM
    Ooooh, black skin? from where?
    Thanks!

PS. NO PINK!
    02-26-08 02:23 PM
    Ooooh, black skin? from where?
    Thanks!

PS. NO PINK!
    Verizon store. Or Right here at the Crackberry store!
    02-26-08 02:24 PM
    WHAT?? WHAT??

Wow, I'm immediately stopping complaining about Verizon's GPS lockdown, how can Any cell phone provider in the 21st century not allow ppl to send picture messages??

I can see the motivation, I guess, for Verizon locking down GPS (sell proprietary software/service = make more $$) but whats up with Sprint?
    02-26-08 02:25 PM
    Not only Sprint, Alltel does it to. And with Sprint, it's only with the BB's
    02-26-08 02:27 PM
    Is it a technical issue? I can't imagine either provider wouldn't Want their users to be able to send pic messages?
    02-26-08 02:45 PM
    Is it a technical issue? I can't imagine either provider wouldn't Want their users to be able to send pic messages?
    Not sure with Alltel, but some Sprint users who have contacted Sprint, say that Tech Support says it to do with the system at Sprint. I guess they are working on it since it's a big issue with their customers.
    02-26-08 02:48 PM
    Not sure with Alltel, but some Sprint users who have contacted Sprint, say that Tech Support says it to do with the system at Sprint. I guess they are working on it since it's a big issue with their customers.
    Its funny because just the other day I saw a service truck that said SprintNextel /Alltel so maybe they are running off the same system these days.

I think t-mobile sidekicks have the same issue with having to send pics as emails, but I'm not sure if their BBs do.

I was really suprised that this was an issue with Sprint since they are all about the picturemail on their other phones, hopefully one day they will fix it, but who knows.
    02-26-08 02:56 PM
    I just got my pearl a few nights ago. Its the 8130 and I have sprint. I quickly noticed I can't send pics except by email. Its not a big deal to me though cause I just email them out. I also back them up on my computer so I can email them that way also.
    I do hope they fix it though.
    02-26-08 03:16 PM
    Supposedly Sprint's MMS system isn't compatible with the way the BB goes about sending MMS messages. And supposedly they're working on it. I wouldn't hold my breath though.
    02-26-08 03:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD