Can anyone help, I have just started to use my BB. tried to change ringtones in profile and I can select and hear the different ringtones. When I change and save, although the ring tone has changed and is visible in the profile the phone continues to ring the old ringtone. ??

Any ideas

Thanks
    Last edited by Antony; 01-23-08 at 09:11 PM.
    01-23-08 09:09 PM
    Can anyone help, I have just started to use my BB. tried to change ringtones in profile and I can select and hear the different ringtones. When I change and save, although the ring tone has changed and is visible in the profile the phone continues to ring the old ringtone. ??

Any ideas

Thanks
    After you edit and save the profile, is that the one that is also active?
    01-23-08 09:12 PM
    After you edit and save the profile, is that the one that is also active?
    Thanks for getting back to me, Yes, you can see the new ringtone under the profile, even after exit and then I re-enter into profile the new ring tone is there but the old ringtone or the original is the one that still rings
    01-23-08 09:28 PM
    Thanks for getting back to me, Yes, you can see the new ringtone under the profile, even after exit and then I re-enter into profile the new ring tone is there but the old ringtone or the original is the one that still rings
    Two things... when you are in the Profiles menu, does it as active next to the profile you edited?
    Example: Screen might look like this...
    Loud (Active)
    Vibrate
    Quiet
    Normal
    Phone Only
    Off
    Advanced...

Second...Try pulling the battery to do a soft reset then see if it works.
    01-23-08 09:35 PM
    Another thought. Is the ringtone changed for in-holster and out of holster. This may make a difference.
    01-23-08 09:42 PM
    Two things... when you are in the Profiles menu, does it as active next to the profile you edited?
    Example: Screen might look like this...
    Loud (Active)
    Vibrate
    Quiet
    Normal
    Phone Only
    Off
    Advanced...

Second...Try pulling the battery to do a soft reset then see if it works.
    Yes it has active next to the profile, I have tried taking the battery out but stil the same..
    01-23-08 09:42 PM
    Another thought. Is the ringtone changed for in-holster and out of holster. This may make a difference.
    both have new ring tone, thanks for the help here
    01-23-08 09:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD