What the heck, two weeks ago when the Pearl was released Verizon had the full retail price at 319.99 now I check it again and it is 419. What's the deal here? I was trying to save up for the 320 now it is an extra hundred? There is no way I can spend that much so I am stuck with my 7250.
    11-15-07 05:56 PM
    Sorry, Trevor! IF you were with a 'real' carrier, you'd have so man y better options...

Port your number I say...
    11-15-07 06:14 PM
    Never did trust Verizon....

Oh, and Happy Birthday to both of you!
    11-15-07 06:18 PM
    Trevor, I played with the Sprint 8130 last night for a bit at their LA Launch. Pretty neat Pearl. I just don't like the color
    11-15-07 07:05 PM
    I think next time my contract is up I will be moving. I am sick of this kind of trickery with Verizon. It is ridiculous.
    11-15-07 08:38 PM
    Thats why I got rid of VZW for TMO Trevor!! Got me a shiny new Gold Curve for $250.00!!!
    11-15-07 08:43 PM
    Well, I did go back to VZW after the 'rents complained of crappy AT&T coverage at home. Oh well, the Pearl is almost perfect besides the cripped GPS - but VZ Nav is decent.
    11-15-07 11:24 PM
    Wow...thats alot of money...for a pearl...lol...jeez.
    Verizon smokin that new age crack huh? lmao
    ......(sigh)...thank God for T-Mobile...that yung $250.00 :d
    11-16-07 01:33 AM
    sign the contract dude youll pay half...

-db
    11-16-07 04:46 AM
    Trevor call customer service and let them know how unhappy you are w/their tactics. I got some really good advice from the 8130 thread and paid $99 for my pearl. No rebate, just $99 plus tax of course, so I paid a whopping $106.00

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-16-07 04:47 AM
    I noticed that also when my g/f went to pay full retail price as a present for me. So if you wanna hear more blunders of verizon customer support here you go.

So she calls a verizon customer support line to get the actual price because she was confused and i swear that they told her it was 600.00 dollars and then some... She asked if that was correct and the women said yes...

Then we were at the verizon STORE (not a mall kiosk) and i am talking to a sales rep about the 8130 which he knew nothing about, so i start to ask about the new 30.00 dollar unlimited data plan and he tells me its 45.00 dollars for unlimited, i told him no the new unlimited is 30,and then he continued to insist it was $45????? I tell him im positive that its 30 for unlimited and that it changed with the release of the pearl, so he goes and looks in a book and tells me that " o0o0 I wasn't aware of the change."... that seems like pertinent information for a sales rep to know am i wrong???

Then at a kiosk in the mall i go to a verizon stand cause my girlfriend is in express... I play with the phone and not one rep asks if i need help. I finally get ones attention to ask a few questions and he was to busy txting to give me any real attention ( he also told me a different price from the retail until he read the sign)... I just walked away in disgust.

I am really sick of verizons customer service, i know thats the "cool" thing to do is complain but this isnt the first time i have had issues, but thats another story of me getting kicked out of the store.... Signal is awesome best of all my friends and family, but customer service is by far the worst... Maybe im being bitter or just picking out tidbits but all of that happened in the same weekend really aggravating.

P.S- sorry for such a long post needed to get that off my chest...
    11-16-07 07:45 AM
    sign the contract dude youll pay half...

-db
    They problem is I am already in an existing contract.
    11-16-07 07:58 AM
    They problem is I am already in an existing contract.
    you can renew....i'm holding off on getting my phone since i don't like vzw too much (mainly just cuz of reception at new home and costs for txt, mins, vs. other places like sprint). but i really want the curve but tmo sucks over here
    11-16-07 01:13 PM
    $130 and change after tax with my 'new every two' deal.

I was really happy with the service rep that I dealt with at a veriozn in-line store. The phone ended up being cheaper than what it would have been if I upgraded online AND I got the $30 data plan, which I had no idea about...

The only difference between the two plans is MS Exchange. If work wants me to use exchange from home they can pick up the bill.

I'm totally happy with verizon wireless, and I just think there aren't enough people who leave positive comments about wireless companies.
    11-16-07 03:46 PM
    $299 price
    -$100 new every two
    -$100 for getting data plan

$99.00, not bad
    Oooops, forgot the $50 mail in rebate

$49.00 final cost.

This is my first Blackberry and I am really liking the phone even though I cant use the desktop software(Mac user)

Bob
    11-16-07 07:03 PM
    I paid $49 as well. This is my second blackberry and I honestly can't understand why they are still in business. These things are horrible. I hope I can resolve my issues in these forums otherwise it's back to making compromises to use the phone. I WANT to love the BB but I'm not there yet.
    11-16-07 07:36 PM
    Yeah I got the pearl for the 49.95 but on topic......u would call CS and tell them about the price change and are if they will match it. Plus they can notation on your account that you called and perhaps they can work something out

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-16-07 10:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD