A few weeks ago, I was unable to access the Internet. I checked the connection status and it showed I was not connected to the Blackberry network. I called Verizon and they verified the network was ok. They suggested I do a *228 to update the phone and everything was fine. It occurred again within a week, and it took a battery pull to get the phone to re-connect. (I had voice, but no email or internet) Yesterday morning, the phone was dead (battery was 0%) even though it was about 80% that night. I then charged the phone to 100%, but was unable to get any connection. When I checked the box to turn the Mobile Network on, the box would uncheck in about 5 seconds. Verizon had me do a wipe, and reinstall everything (I do a weekly backup). The Verizon rep said she had seen this occur before, but not in quite some time.

I keep the phone charged and do no use the auto on/off function. Has anyone else experienced this problem??
    08-24-08 01:08 PM
    It sounds like you may have a bad battery or phone. If it does it again, I'd take it in for a warranty exchange.
    BTW, it hasn't gotten wet has it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-24-08 01:20 PM
    Nope, never gotten wet. Battery has been great. Each time I lost service battery has not been low.
    08-24-08 06:12 PM
    Take it back next time it happens, you have a 1 year warranty.
    Nothing worse than being broke down with a $300 brick sitting next to you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-24-08 07:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD