Hey, so i am new to the whole blackberry world and just got my pearl 8130 a week ago. just as i am starting to fall in love with it i start to have problems, first all my messaging goes including SMS, saying that there is now messaging system supported, i call verizon CS and the reprogram it and its all fixed, and i think all is well. then yesterday, i am making a call and it just cuts out in the middle of it dropping the call, then i realize that i also cannot send messages, or recieve them, i tried calling my phone from a land line and it did not even ring, also when i try to make calls to others, it just sits there and says calling and never connects, it says i have no service when normally i get full service everywhere i go especially in my house. So i call verizon CS up again and spend a good 30 min on the phone with the tech who was very helpful and nice trying to do everything he could but nothing worked and he suggested taking it in to verizon to get a new one. only problem is i got it from ebay brand new, so all i can do is get a refurb apparently? HELP ha what should i do am i screwed?
    05-02-08 05:46 PM
    eBay sellers don't sell brand new Verizon BlackBerrys. Likely you got a refurb or something then. I would exchange it if you can, at least the new refurb might work.
    05-02-08 05:49 PM
    thank you, they said they were able to give me a refurb so i should probably shoot for that? also do you know what would be causing this?
    05-02-08 05:51 PM
    I am not sure. It is probably the reason the devcie was sold on eBay, my first, second and third guesses.
    05-02-08 05:58 PM
    My phone did kind of the same thing. Try taking out the battery and restarting it. It worked for me!!
    05-02-08 06:18 PM
    My Alltel 8130 did all of the same things, I thought that it was the service to begin with because of the poor quality on voice calls, but now I think that it was my phone and I switched carriers because of this...oh well, only a $1000 mistake...maybe.

I would try the battery pull and then check to see if there is any updates to your software from Verizon, then if that doesn't work, I would go for the refurb.
    05-02-08 06:37 PM
    thanks for your help everyone, yeah i have tried the battery pull numerous times but that does nothing. Im pretty sure its the phone but i will check for updates. I think i am going to go to verizon tonight and see what they can do for me
    05-02-08 07:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD