I have checked through the forums and found some helpful information but need a little more with this problem please...

I have had my BB Pearl for a few weeks and rely on it daily for my sms messages but I am no longer receiving them and when I send one out it deletes off my handheld after it shows it was sent (which I am not convinced of that yet). My call log is also empty. Here is some info I read you would need to help me:

I am in the 1XEV area so I know that is not the problem, In File Free I have 6426459 bytes. I don't have any ringtones on here yet and just a couple of pictures stored. I am currently using a link that was provided in another thread to increase memory but was wondering if there was any thing else that could possibly be the problem.

Thanks in advance for your help!
    05-04-08 09:09 AM
    You are low on memory go to options then status and tell me what your file free is. Do you have an sd card ? Also look at the link in my signature to free up memory
    05-04-08 09:19 AM
    In file free I have 6426459 bytes and no I do not have an sd card. I have gone to the link and free'd up whatever memory I could and also got rid of whatever cookies I had.
    05-04-08 09:30 AM
    This is most certainly a memory issue. Follow John Clark's thread on BlackberryForums about increasing memory and you will see a huge difference. (It's the first link in Blueberry23's signature).

Right now you have just 6.4 gb memory, and you should not drop below 10 - I top out at 17 with a number of applications installed. (JiveTalk, Google Mail, CryptMagic, VZNav). I see a drop over the course of a week to around 10 so I do a battery pull and it jumps right back up!

Good luck!!
    05-04-08 09:44 AM
    Ya anything under 10mb you will lose call logs and texts. If you don't have an sd card you can't really store any pics or Ringtones on the phones memory because the 8130 is low on memory to begin with
    05-04-08 09:46 AM
    Blue - your avatar scares me...
    05-04-08 09:49 AM
    Blue - your avatar scares me...
    Ha ha ha. I'm a star wars geek. Gotta love the dark side.
    05-04-08 10:06 AM
    Also you might want to get softreset for your pearl so you can reset when needed without having to do a battery pull all the time.
    05-04-08 10:13 AM
    Ya anything under 10mb you will lose call logs and texts. If you don't have an sd card you can't really store any pics or Ringtones on the phones memory because the 8130 is low on memory to begin with

I've gone to under 2 mb several times and didn't have a problem.
    05-04-08 02:57 PM
    I don't know how. Are you sure it wasn't 20 ?
    05-04-08 04:30 PM
    Along with blue, I find that very surprising. You've been fortunate, 2mb is dangerously low.
    05-04-08 07:44 PM
    I'm not very computer savvy so excuse me if I come off sounding ********...

I already had the desktop manager installed on my computer, I backed up my files using that. I'm having trouble with step 2 of John Clark's guide.

I was able to do step 3, but that is as far as I got. I want to remove some applications that I won't be using (like voice dialing, brick breaker and other apps to save memory).

any help will be greatly aprreciated
    05-06-08 01:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD