i've had my 8130 for almost a year now and i love it, but i've been wondering why certain things happen on it.

first, i know why the call log and texts get erased once the memory is depleted, i regulary take out my battery because i use the phone so much.

for some reason though, lately the messages and calls have been erased but once i checked the memory, it didnt look nearly low enough to erase everything. any ideas?

my main qualm at the moment, however, is when i listen to music. i've got a 6GB memory card with photos, ringtones, and songs on it. i havent used it as an mp3 player much lately, but the last time i did it reminded me of the problem i've found. with a lot of the songs i have, near the end, maybe the last 10 to 15 seconds, get cut off and the player goes to the next song. it doesnt do this to all songs, so i figure it has something to do with the actual song files. has anyone else had this problem?

thanks..
    -travis
    08-22-08 09:07 AM
    do you have it on shuffle? i remember noticing that once when i had all my songs on shuffle i think. i have no earthly idea why it does it though.
    08-22-08 09:10 AM
    nah, i mean, i have had it on shuffle and it did it then as well, but it even does it just listening to an album straight through. the only thing i think it might be is that i take all my mp3s from itunes and copy them to my card, and in itunes you can have the like.. gapless songs/albums, where the songs blend together, and maybe the card or 8130 doesnt recognize the song doing whatever it is its doing at the end.
    08-22-08 09:13 AM
    Thats an odd problem. I don't recall that ever happening to me. Does it do it to all of your music? And (stupid question, but still) are you sure the music plays properly elsewhere, like on your computer or another media player?
    08-22-08 07:54 PM
    If you haven't already figured this one out, I had the same problem and a pretty easy suggestion for you.

1. You need iTunes, so if you don't have it already, then go download it.
    2. Go to RIM's website and download the "Blackberry Sync" application (this app isn't entirely necessary to add music to the phone, but it is a much easier way to manage your media)
    3. In iTunes, make a playlist of all the music you want on your phone.
    4. While viewing your playlist, Select all (ctrl+A in windows), right click, and click the option to convert your media to AAC files.
    5. once converted (for 6GB, this may take a couple hours), replace the songs in the playlist with their AAC versions. (Clear the playlist, search your computer for "m4a", sort by recently updated/changed, select all the songs you just converted, drag and drop onto the playlist).
    6. In the blackberry media sync app, select iTunes as your media app. You may also choose to update your album art at this time.
    7. Sync your phone.

this worked for me, some mp3 files were giving me trouble. Once i started using m4a, i haven't had a problem.
    04-15-09 12:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD