OOPS! Someone has posted a very similar thread below! Sorry for the double post :-(

Hi everyone! :-)
    I've got a strange problem that I'm hoping there is a solution for.

I noticed earlier this week that I was not getting text messages, or a record of any text messages, voicemails, etc in my "messages" section since August 11.

So I got on to the chat thing w/ sprint and the lady told me to take out my battery, and sure enough it worked. My friend sent me a text and I got it.

Well, today - all of my messages are gone, after the point of August 11th. I got a phone call and went to see if there was a voicemail left, and sure enough my last message was August 11. Weird!

So I popped out my battery, rebooted and then I got the notification. But the messages from 8/11 till today (before the voicemail) are gone.

What is the deal? Am I missing something?

Thanks so much for any insight!
    mia
    Last edited by happythermia; 08-20-08 at 03:07 PM. Reason: omeone has posted a very similar thread below! Sorry for the double post :-(
    08-20-08 03:01 PM
    Go to status under options and tell us what your file free is, you might have a memory issue.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-20-08 03:08 PM
    Hello and welcome!

Sounds like the classic memory leak! What's your File Free? (Options, Status)

Follow this guide to free up memory:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/

Do you have a memory card? If not, purchase one and put all songs, rigntones, pictures, wallpapers, etc. on that. Limit the amount of stuff you store in device memory.
    08-20-08 03:09 PM
    yikes! it looks like that is the issue, I don't have much free space and I haven't had a chance to get a memory card yet - so thats probably the issue. Thanks!
    08-20-08 03:29 PM
    For a pearl you should try to be running 10 to 20MB free @ any given time. Am I right guys?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-20-08 03:35 PM
    You guys are so nice & helpful! Thanks so much
    08-20-08 03:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD