I've has my Pearl since April--I've read this site faithfully, following instruction stickies and being very good to it...and "suddenly" when I connect to the laptop via USB cable, with Desktop Manager already running, a balloon in XP pops up, says "Found Hardware, Blackberry Smartphone" and then the whole system freezes upon. The only thing moving is my mouse/cursor. Ctrl+Alt+Delete does nothing. Esc does nothing. The Windows Button does nothing. I have to hold down the power button to get it to reboot. NIGHTMARE!

As of yesterday, I have uninstalled Desktop Manager, downloaded new software from Sprint for that and the device software as well. I have rebooted, reinstalled, and...refroze the system when I connected the phone to the laptop via the USB cable that came with the phone...and had previously worked just fine.

I have even completed a System Restore, to no avail.

I have gone into Device Manager and deleted all the Ports and all the USB connection data, rebooted again...and refroze.

• Desktop Manager version 4.3.0.15
    • BB 8130 CDMA v4.3.0.71
    • Windows XP SP 2
    • Outlook 2007

What must I do?! The thought of not being about to sync and backup...
    ::shiver!::
    10-09-08 02:15 PM
    (bump)

HELP!
    10-09-08 09:01 PM
    mine is doing the same thing I just updated to 4.5 and when I hook it to either the usb charger or PC it will freeze and resets
    10-09-08 09:07 PM
    (bump)

HELP!!
    10-15-08 12:55 AM
    Mine started doing that also I had to turn my BB in & get a new one. I thought my usb port was bad. But I am starting to think it was fine. i am beginning to think its a 4.5 issue

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-15-08 07:19 AM
    The pop up message means the USB drivers are not working correctly.

If you are using Windows XP, reinstall the Desktop Manager and select the Repair option. That will restore the USB drives back to the correct ones for your device.

If it is Windows Vista, the drivers are preinstalled in Windows. Try the DTM reinstall first, but you may have to do some advanced troubleshooting too.
    10-15-08 02:53 PM
    I'm a little confused. the subject on your thread says your 8130 freezes............but your post describes your computer--not your BB doing the freezing.

Sorry to sound so picky but you have replies regarding both the device and your computer.

Regardless, one of the things to think about and check is what software you have added/upgraded since back when everything was working correctly.

Early on in my BB experience I had a Pearl with no problems. I changed to a Curve and was unable to sync with my PC. Turns out it was an automatic backup program installed on my computer which screwed with my Curve but not my Pearl. That's how specific some of this crazy stuff can be.

Not really sure how to advise since I'm not completely sure what your prob. is.
    10-15-08 03:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD