I have had my 8130 for about 2 months and don't know all the tricks of the trade on this device. For some reason in the mornings about 2x a week it will delete all of my SMS texts for no reason, i know my memory isn't full and i am saving all of my pics to a memory card so that is not the issue here. And i have downloaded only like 2 programs...If anyone can please help me out!!
    10-02-08 10:53 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

I suspect it is a memory issue. There are two types of memory on a BlackBerry. Internal device memory and media card memory.

You can have plenty of media card memory, but still experience this problem when your device memory drops below a critical level.

A battery pull will help by freeing up some device memory, but the problem will return as you continue to use it.

The solution is to remove the preinstalled media samples, that will free up enough memory for normal use and put a stop to that problem.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/
    10-02-08 11:12 AM
    You're in safe hands with Reed. You could look to see if you are running low on device memory by going to Options > Status. Your file free will be listed there.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-02-08 11:17 AM
    open your sms text messages. while viewing all messages press your menu button. select general options, and scroll down to "keep messages" and see what it is set to. mine is set to 15 days, but perhaps yours is set to 2 days. also make sure that SMS and Email Inboxes (should be next under "keep messages") is set to "seperate". Hope this helps.
    10-02-08 12:26 PM
    Thanks for the help! After work today i plan on going home and getting on the blackberry desktop manager and seeing what i can free up from my bb that i don't need! Thanks so much
    10-02-08 02:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD