Hey all.. just got a used 8130, used it for a couple weeks happily, and then I let my battery die yesterday. Since then, when plugging into USB->PC or the BB wall charger all I get is the white screen with the blue lightning bolt thru the empty battery. Also - the backlight is flashing from high to low (not off/on) at a very regular interval. I had it plugged in for a couple hours at work, no change. If I remove the charging plug, it dies. I tried to hook up w/ desktop manager now that Im home, it dosent see the device. JL_Cmder cant get deviceinfo either. It was not dropped nor did it get wet. I had just hooked up to my Orb login for the first time and finished streaming some video (very cool btw).

Soo... is this just a dead battery?

I went to the Verizon store today to get a new battery, and the guy there said that I HAVE to buy from them, and they dont stock them. That pissed me off so I left without buying one.. but is that true??? It seems to me there are plenty of places selling them.

Thanks in advance!
    10-10-08 05:28 PM
    Thats total BS. Check out the crackberry shop. They have them there for $19 plus shipping. I dont know how much it would be to ship to your area. RIM also sells them on their website. All Official.

Stick it to the man ! Buy from a 3rd party
    10-10-08 05:43 PM
    Oh, as well, if you JUST bought the phone and its within 30 days I think they have to cover the battery. NO way it died that quick on you.
    10-10-08 05:44 PM
    i got my bold 9000 for christmas and it is now day 4 (Rogers phone bought at phone booth). i dowloaded a few games last night and drained the battery...it died. so them i plugged it in and kept playing. then i charged it over night and it was full. once i unplugged it it dropped one bar within an HOUR and then it completely died shortly after.

I tried to turn it on and it wouldn't... so then i came home... plugged it in and all i see is a white screen with a battery with blue lightning through it. its charging now for about 15 mins and i already got 1 1/2 bar... is there any concrete answer as to what this problem is all about?

i'll let you guys know what's the end result will be .
    12-29-08 10:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD