Have had my pearl for 11.9 months and it has been an awesome smartphone. However, the last 2 months it has been cutting off phone conversations. I am in either the office or my home with a "reasonable" signal when this happens.

Verizon Tech supporrt has been great and after analyzing specific examples of dropped calls, they determined that it is probably my phone. The records show almost no dropped calls in this for the last two months.

My refurbished replacement phone only, ( no battery ) is due here today. Have any other 8130 users been experiencing this issue? Did a replacement phone fix the issue? This phone has been really stable up until now and so I'm a little nervous about having to go to a refurbished Pear versus my almost one year old one.
    02-06-09 07:35 AM
    i've never experienced having dropped calls the way it sounds like you have, but i have gotten replacement phones from verizon (or the insurance company) and they've always worked out fine for me. i wouldn't have even known it was a refurbished phone if they hadn't told me so.

good luck!
    02-06-09 10:13 AM
    Thanks Redsoxrocker So far so good. Actually saw my memory go up with the refurbished unit. Calls have gone without a hitch. I will give it a week or so and then return the other unit.
    02-06-09 06:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD