Good evening all,

I purchased a BB 8120 about a year ago and have had nonstop problems with USB connectivity. When I plug my phone into any PC via USB the phone connects to the PC for a split second then discounts. It continues this process until the phone is unplugged. Here is what I have tried:
    -I have updated all my drivers through windows.
    -I downloaded the new desktop manager 4.7
    -I have tried all six USB ports on my PC with the same results. Funny thing is all my other USB devices work fine.
    -I have ensured all the USB ports power is on
    -I have tried three differnent USB cords
    -I have wiped the memory on the BB

I am officially lost... Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Daniel
    06-16-09 01:08 AM
    What version of Windows are you running? Some have had issues with USB connectivity with Vista or Windows 7 (see this thread). Also, some have had issues with newer versions of Desktop Manager. Personally, I still use ver 4.5.
    06-16-09 02:05 AM
    Good evening all,

I purchased a BB 8120 about a year ago and have had nonstop problems with USB connectivity. When I plug my phone into any PC via USB the phone connects to the PC for a split second then discounts. It continues this process until the phone is unplugged. Here is what I have tried:
    -I have updated all my drivers through windows.
    -I downloaded the new desktop manager 4.7
    -I have tried all six USB ports on my PC with the same results. Funny thing is all my other USB devices work fine.
    -I have ensured all the USB ports power is on
    -I have tried three differnent USB cords
    -I have wiped the memory on the BB

I am officially lost... Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Daniel
    I have the same problem with mine. However, I figured out that it is the connector inside my Pearl. I have to set mine on a table then let the slack from the usb cable hang off of the edge of the table so that there is a little tension on the usb connector (on the Pearl). It's stupid but it works lol. I haven't bothered taking it in because I'm waiting on the Tour.
    06-16-09 06:20 PM
    Thats hilarious! I pushed in my mini USB and pushed it down with very little pressure and it works. LMAO I have been racking my brain for two days now! Thanks for the help!
    06-16-09 09:04 PM
    Thats hilarious! I pushed in my mini USB and pushed it down with very little pressure and it works. LMAO I have been racking my brain for two days now! Thanks for the help!
    Lol....No problem

EDIT: I bet the wall charger still works perfectly though huh? Lol! That's how mine is.
    06-16-09 09:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD