My phone is barely two weeks old, it has turned off on me at minimal 25 times. I was wondering if anyone else has had this happen with the new Pearl 8120 and if anyone had suggestions as to what I should do? (I know I can take it back, but really.. am afraid this will happen again. Plus, the Tmobile kiosks aren't anything like the STORES I've dealt with in my old places of living. There's not one of those for at least 2-3 hours, if not more, from my home unfortunately. These guys said the blackberry pearl sunset has the best camera ON THE MARKET.. when my boyfriend had a 3 megapixel standing behind me, let alone this phone. And he's had his phone for over a year! But I wanted my phone sooooo extremely bad!)

I thought I read it could be a memory thing, but really.. I have a 2MB media card. I also am having a hard time with the program I downloaded and having it work without freezing up on the computer, our computer is pretty nice and has been recently formatted. Not sure if this has anything to do with anything, but details are nice usually.

Any help, or questions to clear up stuff, would be really nice.
    Thank you guys for listening and giving your two cents! It is MORE than appreciated!

�You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.� - Robin Williams
    10-13-08 06:49 AM
    Having a 2MB media card won't help you if low memory is causing your problem. The way BlackBerries use memory, device memory can't be augmented by media card memory. What is your Options / Status / File Free? If it's less than 12 000 000 bytes, then you have low free memory. Are you experiencing any of these other symptoms? Any time "File Free" drops below 12 000 000 bytes, the phone will start deleting call logs and text messages without warning to free up memory. Text messages may be deleted as soon as they arrive, before you have had time to read them.

A battery pull recovers memory and will alleviate the problem temporarily. The solution is to remove the stuff you don't need (the sample video, wallpaper, themes, other languages, brickbreaker, etc.) from the device's memory. The following procedure, originally written by Forums Moderator Reed McLay will guide you:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/

Be sure to put pictures, videos, music, and ringtones on your Media Card, not in your device's memory. Keep in mind that Media Card memory is not device memory. You have to keep your device memory above 12 000 000 bytes, regardless of the capacity of your Media Card or how much free space it has. Finally, you can't at this time run programs from a Media Card. Programs have to be installed in and executed in device memory.
    10-13-08 11:33 PM
    I'd suggest taking it back and getting a new one. The only time my phone has ever turned off on me was once when I was watching a video on youtube and I think it was due to memory overload. The pearl, although a great device, is very buggy. I can't believe the guy said the Pearl sunset (isnt that an 8100 version) has the best camera on the market! Some phones have 5 megapixel cameras! And the 8100 camera doesn't even do video...
    10-14-08 03:59 PM
    I can't believe the guy said the Pearl sunset (isnt that an 8100 version) has the best camera on the market! Some phones have 5 megapixel cameras! And the 8100 camera doesn't even do video...
    Yeah, he was pretty much stupid. Which is why I hate dealing with the kiosks. I get the same thing from all of them, and the one who was actually honest with me, about not knowing an amazing amount about the phone, at least gave me accurate specs about what I was asking about. It was nice. Relieving. Too bad his cart didn't have the phone, however.
    I love this phone so much.. and I only paid like $135 including the 2mb memory card I got. Which, was pretty nice to say the least. Especially since I expected to spend at least $100-$200 more based on my research and the fact that almost no one has that.

Thank you guys a lot for your help on this. I'm working with it, if nothing else I'll just delete all the programs I don't need and not upload anymore without getting the 8mb card. Fun.
    Thanks again You guys are all really nice!
    10-14-08 07:28 PM
    Yeah, he was pretty much stupid. Which is why I hate dealing with the kiosks. I get the same thing from all of them, and the one who was actually honest with me, about not knowing an amazing amount about the phone, at least gave me accurate specs about what I was asking about. It was nice. Relieving. Too bad his cart didn't have the phone, however.
    I love this phone so much.. and I only paid like $135 including the 2mb memory card I got. Which, was pretty nice to say the least. Especially since I expected to spend at least $100-$200 more based on my research and the fact that almost no one has that.

Thank you guys a lot for your help on this. I'm working with it, if nothing else I'll just delete all the programs I don't need and not upload anymore without getting the 8mb card. Fun.
    Thanks again You guys are all really nice!
    It's not that hard for the sales person to know a lot about the phone, all you have to do is read the side of the box! Ive had my 8120 for two months now (love it!!!) but the battery has been giving me problems lately. I charged it to full battery last night and today it lasted only two hours. Its a great device but has a lot of kinks that need to be worked out...
    10-15-08 05:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD