My parents just bought a 2008 Mercury Sable with Sync. Too bad their Nokia does not have Bluetooth. I spent about 30 minutes playing around with it and my Pearl 8120.

The streaming audio works sweet. There is just a little bit of static that is not present when I wire the phone into one of my Alpine headunits. The controls on the factory receiver can control the audio tracks, although there is an approx. one second delay.

The call functions and voice dialing worked perfect.

The only real complaint I have is the complexity of the menus, which might be hard to navigate while driving. They need more buttons on the receiver to simplify things so the menus are not so stacked up.

Just thought I'd mention this to any possible Sync/Ford buyers. Definitely get the system.

I have two leases coming due soon; looking at the Flex, Taurus X, Taurus/Sable/MKS, Escape...the UConnect in my Grand Carvan doesn't come close to this. And the MyGig in the mother-in-law's Avenger has way too many limitations.
    07-17-08 02:25 PM
    My parents just bought a 2008 Mercury Sable with Sync. Too bad their Nokia does not have Bluetooth. I spent about 30 minutes playing around with it and my Pearl 8120.

The streaming audio works sweet. There is just a little bit of static that is not present when I wire the phone into one of my Alpine headunits. The controls on the factory receiver can control the audio tracks, although there is an approx. one second delay.

The call functions and voice dialing worked perfect.

The only real complaint I have is the complexity of the menus, which might be hard to navigate while driving. They need more buttons on the receiver to simplify things so the menus are not so stacked up.

Just thought I'd mention this to any possible Sync/Ford buyers. Definitely get the system.

I have two leases coming due soon; looking at the Flex, Taurus X, Taurus/Sable/MKS, Escape...the UConnect in my Grand Carvan doesn't come close to this. And the MyGig in the mother-in-law's Avenger has way too many limitations.
    Glad you like it. It is pretty cool, huh? My wife has an MKX so I play with Sync whenever I drive her vehicle. It's too bad that VZW disables the text message over BT functionality because that's a cool feature that Sync does as well. I test drove an MKX with the nav system and with it the interface with Sync is much nicer/intuitive. The buttons that you want are all there on the touch screen. It's pretty sweet and almost worth the price of the upgrade to the nav system.

If you have any questions about FoMoCo vehicles, let me know. I worked on a couple of the vehicles you mentioned. The MKS is a beautiful vehicle. Check out Sirius Travel-Link if you're into gadgets. It can show you local gas prices, weather, traffic, movie listings, and might even be able to access select websites.

Discover SYNC
    07-17-08 05:54 PM
    I use it too on my Cobalt. I like it a lot.
    07-17-08 09:11 PM
    If you have any questions about FoMoCo vehicles, let me know. I worked on a couple of the vehicles you mentioned.

Thanks, I worked on Volvo P1/P2, Escape Hybrid, and now, some Flex/MKS stuff. The Flex is pretty sweet.
    07-20-08 08:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD