I have a 8320 Curve right now and am used to the memory leak and having to do battery pulls to restore full memory.

Does the 8120 Pearl have this same issue?
    05-31-08 07:52 PM
    Not mine...touch wood!
    05-31-08 08:10 PM
    Anyone else? Thanks in advance..
    06-01-08 12:35 AM
    Yes, it does. It's not as bad as the 8100 I think. Just be sure to close apps down using the menu, not the end (red) button. Delete emails you don't need also helps.
    06-01-08 06:17 AM
    My Verizon 8830 does it like crazy - with 6-8 MB of memory. It's an embarrassment that the "corporate, ultimate secure" Blackberry just deletes logs, emails and data without warning. I called Verizon and they offered me a somewhat reduced upgrade to a Curve (which has more memory) but they wanted a 2 year contract. It will take up to a year for BB to release and for Verizon to approve the next OS fix this problem... until then, it's Blackberry HE|_|_....
    06-02-08 03:45 PM
    I agree. I also have the 8830 from Verizon and it was an absolute nightmare when I first got it. Being my first Blackberry, I had no clue about keeping the memoury clear and whatnot. All I knew was that all my logs and messages were disappearing and I was heated!!!!

It does suck that we Blackberry owners have some of the best (and in some cases, most expensive) phones on the market, and yet stupid little things like this happen. Sigh. Oh well.
    06-02-08 03:52 PM
    Yep. What's embarrassing is that apparently RIM has known about this issue for at least 6-8 months and so has Verizon and their attitude is that they will fix it in the next software release - which will likely be 4.5 and on Verizon's phones by end of year - being over a year where you'll have a real email problem.
    06-02-08 09:11 PM
    I have an 8130 and am having the same problems right now. Running 4.3.0.71. I can't believe that RIM hasn't fixed this yet. Just got my phone 3 weeks ago and am already having this problem.
    06-03-08 07:15 PM
    Actually, I erred. Blackberry has known about this for almost a year. They just don't give a damn...
    06-03-08 08:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD