Hi, hope somebody can help here. I've has Blackberries for ages and for as long as I can remember the LED indicator has always flashed red when a message or mail has comes in, which I've found really handy in meetings etc. Not so on my 8120. Theres nothing in the manual so far as I can see. I have the green indicator on and it doesn't change. Is this a software or a hardware thing? Should it flash red?
    02-17-08 05:39 AM
    It blinks green because it's the coverage indicator. If you want to turn it off, go to Options> Screen/Keyboard> LED coverage Indicator> Off.

Also, the red LED should blink for about 10-15 mins after a received e-mail or text. If you want it to be longer, there is a program called BlackBerry Alerts that can help you manage your alerts better.
    02-17-08 12:00 PM
    Even with the Coverage Indicator On, your LED should flash RED for 10-15 mins after incoming msg as viper said, then will revert back to GREEN. Are you saying you never see your LED RED, even immediately after msg?
    02-17-08 12:05 PM
    I assume it is like this to save battery life, but it probably uses more battery to turn the screen on to make sure you haven't missed anything.

This is something they should add functionality for.
    02-17-08 02:24 PM
    Ah, after searching round the forum found that the profilr alerts had to be changed to show the red led....phew

Thanks each
    02-17-08 05:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD