Hello,

This is my first Blackberry, and so far I am kind of struggling with things that seem like they should be intuitive.

I have an Outlook calendar on my home PC as well as my work laptop. I am not trying to keep two seperate calendars -- I view them as one calendar in two different locations that I try to keep in synch. However, when I try to synch them up with my BB, it is creating two entires -- one from each calendar location. Is there a way to make my BB realize that I only wish to use one profile, but synchs could be coming from two different locations?

I should also mention that I am installing the latest OS on my Blackberry, so I have an opportunity to "start fresh" with trying to get the calendar to synch up properly...
    10-18-08 04:32 PM
    I "used' to do this until I started using Google Calendar.
    Try deleting "all" entries from "one" outlook calendar. Sync the first PC and the BB and then sync the BB with the second PC. The BB should idealistically send it's information to that second calendar so that now everytime you make changes you can sync and take it back to the other computer. I've noticed that it does NOT always work though...I've had the same problem with contacts in the past.

The other thing you could try if you have the option to do this would be to do things the way I do. Use Google Calendar and download Google Sync to your BB. Anytime you make changes on GCal or your BB it will sync OTA. You can also download a version of Google Sync for your desktop if you'd really like to keep using outlook so that anytime you make changes in Outlook (on either PC) it will sync with GCal "and" your BB provided your BB is linked to the same GCal account.

I hope that kind of answered your question...if anyone else has a much better solution, then...
    10-19-08 01:12 AM
    Thanks, your idea is the best solution I have heard so far. I am going to try deleting all my entries from my home calendar when I get home tonight and see if that fixes the issue.

I did think about trying something similar to what you mentioned, and that is using my Hotmail calendar. I believe there is a tool that will let me sync my outlook calendars with my Hotmail calendar, and then I would only pull in information from the Hotmail calendar, but I have not had a chance to play with this yet.
    10-22-08 08:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD